News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Yutyrannus, February 12, 2015, 03:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

This is a thread for what animal figures anyone wants or expects to be released in 2016.

Here are mine:
Wild Safari Wildlife:
Fossa
Wombat

Wild Safari Incredible Creatures:
Pacific Hagfish (I don't know of any good figures of them and I would love a large one from Safari)
Sloane's Viperfish
Caecilian (any species)

Wild Safari Sea Life:
Humboldt Squid
Sleeper Shark (any species)
Salmon Shark (there need to be more figures of this awesome species)
White Sturgeon

Wild Safari North American Wildlife:
Kermode Bear

Papo:
Grolar Bear
Nile Monitor
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

sbell

I want:

Newt to get a few fishes made.

Replica Toy Fish to get their later models released finally. At least the gars.

Some good freshwater fishes & amphibians from the various companies in large and toob size.

And I second the hagfish.

sauroid

any Japanese brands to make exotic/oddball aquarium fish species

Stuckasaurus

I'd love to see a beaked whale in the Safari Sea Life line! These creatures are woefully under-represented in toy form, possibly because manufacturers think they look too much like dolphins. However! There are actually some very interesting and very visually distinct members of this group, such the Strap-Toothed Whale and Blainville's Beaked Whale, both of which have visible tusks that look not unlike a warthog's.

The Strap-Toothed Whale's tusks actually curl up and over its jaw to such an extent that it can only open its mouth a few centimeters! Fortunately, it's a suction feeder, so this does not affect its foraging capabilities too much.

The tusks of Blainville's Beaked Whale actually sit within/atop an upswept portion of the jawline that act almost like sheaths.

Stuckasaurus

I'd also like to see both a male and female Elephant Seal from Safari as well.

I second the sturgeon mentioned above, though I think any of the largest 3 species would be interesting. (The European Sturgeon, or Beluga fish, is the largest.)

It would also be cool to see a Sumatran rhino. I would say Safari should do the Black and Javan as well, but it's possible they would consider them too similar looking to the White and Indian, respectively.

brontodocus

At least some of those you'd like to see already exist in figure form. :) There is a Strap-toothed Whale by Lontic/Nayab (See Jetoar's walk-around here). Safari Ltd also released a Black Rhino last year, here's my walk-around of it. A Sumatran Rhino has been released by Joan Milelire. The only Javan I know are those by Bullyland, they are, however retired.
But there is a serious lack in sturgeon figures for sure, Colorata has made a Chinese Sturgeon and Replica Toy Fish a Shovelnose Sturgeon, there are also a few Japanese bottlecap or Gashapon mini figures. :-\

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on September 19, 2015, 05:06:15 PM
At least some of those you'd like to see already exist in figure form. :) There is a Strap-toothed Whale by Lontic/Nayab (See Jetoar's walk-around here). Safari Ltd also released a Black Rhino last year, here's my walk-around of it. A Sumatran Rhino has been released by Joan Milelire. The only Javan I know are those by Bullyland, they are, however retired.
But there is a serious lack in sturgeon figures for sure, Colorata has made a Chinese Sturgeon and Replica Toy Fish a Shovelnose Sturgeon, there are also a few Japanese bottlecap or Gashapon mini figures. :-\

I have a Kaiyodo White Sturgeon and an Epoch Beluga!

Replica Toy Fish currently also offers a 3" Lake sturgeon (but I can't get them, or the new trout, in my store). Could always use new species though.

Hoping to see a butterflyfish, African lungfish and Senega bichir. (the 3 P's of African primitive fish...Pantodon, Protopterus and Polytperus!). Soon...

sauroid

i'd also like to see aba aba, australian lungfish, paddlefish, mbu puffer, common elephantnose, south american leaf fish, Erpetoichthys calabaricus in plastic toy form. hopefully from Colorata, takara TOMY or Yujin.

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on September 19, 2015, 07:03:26 PM
i'd also like to see aba aba, australian lungfish, paddlefish, mbu puffer, common elephantnose, south american leaf fish, Erpetoichthys calabaricus in plastic toy form. hopefully from Colorata, takara TOMY or Yujin.

I have a number of those in some form (mainly 3D printed) but I stil want to see more of them too!

Jetoar

I am thinking to do australian lung fish for my line of figures  ^-^. This selection will be a really cool for some of my line of figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on September 19, 2015, 10:11:39 PM
I am thinking to do australian lung fish for my line of figures  ^-^. This selection will be a really cool for some of my line of figures  ^-^.

There are so many Neoceratodus though! Colorata, Yowies, Toba, Epoch...so many fish that aren't done even once!

Jetoar

Ok, I will do other figures  :-\. Thanks for you advice  ^-^. Have you got some suggestion ?.

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:34:38 AM
Ok, I will do other figures  :-\. Thanks for you advice  ^-^.

I'm all about the (freshwater) fish these days. Really, always have been, but there isn't much out there (relative to, say, African mammals or whales).

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on September 20, 2015, 12:36:50 AM

I'm all about the (freshwater) fish these days. Really, always have been, but there isn't much out there (relative to, say, African mammals or whales).

Now I am doing my line of  Pleistocene fauna of the world, starting with Europe. I have done the Auroch and the Narrow-nosed rhinoceros, relative of Sumatran Rhinoceros and now I am doing carnivorous. Have you got some suggestion ?.

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:43:57 AM

Now I am doing my line of  Pleistocene fauna of the world, starting with Europe. I have done the Auroch and the Narrow-nosed rhinoceros, relative of Sumatran Rhinoceros and now I am doing carnivorous. Have you got some suggestion ?.

I had already suggested Pachycrocuta! So I will say it again! Can't say much for fish at that time though...

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on September 20, 2015, 03:21:33 AM

I had already suggested Pachycrocuta! So I will say it again! Can't say much for fish at that time though...

I am doing it and I am thinking to do a Cave Bear, Dhole and Cave Lion too  ^-^.

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:06:24 PM

I am doing it and I am thinking to do a Cave Bear, Dhole and Cave Lion too  ^-^.

I am in favor of all of those!

Jetoar

Quote from: sbell on September 20, 2015, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:06:24 PM

I am in favor of all of those!

Nice, I think I finish the hyena this week.

Stuckasaurus

Oops! Thank you for clearing that up. I thought for sure I'd looked up whether Safari had a Black Rhino or not...

Stuckasaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 22, 2015, 09:05:35 AM

Oops! Thank you for clearing that up. I thought for sure I'd looked up whether Safari had a Black Rhino or not...

I looked up the Strap-Toothed Whale, and I see that it comes as part of a set which I can only seem to find for over $100. Is it out of production? If so, then a new company should certainly pick up that baton and produce their own (I'm a Safari fan, anyway).