News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pelagic Fish

Started by brontodocus, December 28, 2012, 10:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Walk-around of the retired Wild Safari Sealife Sailfish, Istiophorus platypterus (Shaw, 1792). Total length is 156 mm, so scale would be approx. 1:12 to 1:22.5.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Varanus

Jetoar

My girlfriend thinks that figure is amazing, because he is one of her favorite fishes. I have only the blue marlín of schleich.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

Wow, how fantastic fish 8) Really good one! :)

Jetoar

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Colorata Nature's Library Salt Water Fish Striped Marlin, Kajikia audax (Philippi, 1887), formerly Tetrapturus audax. Total length of this figure is 146 mm, so the scale is between 1:12 and 1:29. This is the original version, Colorata has recently re-released the Salt Water Fish box with new stands and a different paint job.

Edit 2017-02-06: Fixed broken image urls.

postsaurischian

8) Isn't that a BEAUTY?! Awesome! Beautiful photos!

Hip, hip .. Salthingyer ;D! ...... wait - I can actually write 'saltwater' in one word! Is that legal ;D?

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 01, 2013, 03:36:31 PM
8) Isn't that a BEAUTY?! Awesome! Beautiful photos!

Hip, hip .. Salthingyer ;D! ...... wait - I can actually write 'saltwater' in one word! Is that legal ;D?
Thanks! :) Still one of my favourite of all Colorata figures! Oh, the "Salthingyer" thing ;D - I believe that was just on DTF v.1, I'm not 100% sure but I think that such an automatic filter doesn't exist on DTF v.2 either.

Jetoar

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures 2013 Atlantic Flyingfish, Cheilopogon melanurus (Valenciennes, 1847). Total length (TL) is 141 mm, Standard length (SL, i.e. without caudal fin) 110 mm, distance between tips of pectoral fins 170 mm. The scale would be approx. between 1:1.5 and 1:2.3
Link to the figure at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/flying-fish

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

postsaurischian

Wow - that's a nice Flying Fish :D!
This time the translucent Invicta stand looks like it's made for this figure :) ... looks as it had exactly the same colour as the wing-like fins.

Battatitan

Nice catch, Brontodocus ;)  ;)
sorry...

What an undeniably cute figure (and one that's realistic and detailed, too  :)) )

I agree, the Invicta stand looks really nice and displays the figure well (probably due to matching those spectacular [translucent?  ^-^ ] fins).  :D

Jetoar

Very wonderful and amazing figure. One of the best figure of this year of Safari. Thanks friend for sharing  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

Varanus

brontodocus

Thanks all! :) Yes, the pectorals and pelvics are indeed translucent - and they are quite rigid, too (I have the AAA Flying Fish which is nice but the floppy fins of that one somehow devalue it a little)! :) The figure wasn't easily placed on the Invicta stand and fell down quite often... :-\

postsaurischian

brontodocus

Simply wonderful and elegant! :) and still on my wishlist...

Jetoar