News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by AnimalToyForum, October 16, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Schleich have started to release pictures of their upcoming 2015 releases on their Facebook page. They have kicked off with this Mini Shetland family:

Alligator and crocodile (with movable jaws)

For pictures of the upcoming Schleich dinosaurs see here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2711.0

pachyrhinosaurus

I said this on STS, but the braids are disappointing. I remember when Schleich had much more realistic models, not for cute factor. I hope their wildlife turns out to be better.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: pachyrhinosaurus on October 17, 2014, 03:07:04 AM
I said this on STS, but the braids are disappointing. I remember when Schleich had much more realistic models, not for cute factor. I hope their wildlife turns out to be better.

I think they are aimed towards the younger collector :)

WiseWolf

I agree, I don't like the braids, but the foal is precious.

sadie3112

I think the stallion looks like a lovely model, however the braided mare is not to my taste :)
~Abby~

Takama

sbell

The hyena is a given for me!  Looks way better than the first two from Schleich. The rattler as well. The rest I can do without. They have been done before and better. Such as the anaconda. The CollectA is far superior.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on October 20, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
The hyena is a given for me!  Looks way better than the first two from Schleich. The rattler as well. The rest I can do without. They have been done before and better. Such as the anaconda. The CollectA is far superior.

take out the farm/domestic animals and that fantasy crap and they're not bed. Still, Schleich animals always looks like they were designed for an animated childrens movie...

sphyrna18

Technically, the new Schleich figure is a Boa, while the CollectA is an Anaconda.  Still, it does leave a little to be desired.  I like the new Tigers - Schleich's current Tigers look pretty bad.

brontodocus

Hmmm, I largely agree... I'll probably get the alligator and crocodile with moveable jaws, they look quite promising. And the hyena, too. The boid looks more like a Boa constrictor to me but a figure to pass on, anyways. Did they really think the dark patches had to be three-dimensional? ??? It looks like the snake has been partially... ehm... flayed. :P And the rhino had to be a Black Rhino again? What was the reason to retire the old one, the difference, other than texture, is not that obvious.

stargatedalek

the crocodilians, parrot, cobra and rattlesnake interest me
but unless I stumble across them in a store I doubt I'll be getting any

sbell

Quote from: sphyrna18 on October 20, 2014, 08:17:49 PM
Technically, the new Schleich figure is a Boa, while the CollectA is an Anaconda.  Still, it does leave a little to be desired.  I like the new Tigers - Schleich's current Tigers look pretty bad.

I have the original Schleich boa. This doesn't one even come close.

rowleycav

Wow. I LOVE these models. While I say that every year, last year I felt let down upon seeing the Fjords. I really like how they reused some molds, too. I'm not wild about the manes on the Knabstrupper and the Pinto Stallions, but I'm really excited to add most of these horses to my barn.  :D

sauroid

the new lion looks pretty awful. the tiger looks awesome tho. the croc and alligator too.

sphyrna18

Quote from: sbell on October 21, 2014, 12:30:30 AM
Quote from: sphyrna18 on October 20, 2014, 08:17:49 PM

I have the original Schleich boa. This doesn't one even come close.

Ditto.  And I second that.

Jetoar

Friends, You can see the new figures in this link also. A lot of new reptiles  ^-^. https://www.facebook.com/ValinorSchleich/photos/pcb.653752878056842/653751788056951/?type=1&theater
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on October 22, 2014, 10:39:58 AM
Friends, You can see the new figures in this link also. A lot of new reptiles  ^-^. https://www.facebook.com/ValinorSchleich/photos/pcb.653752878056842/653751788056951/?type=1&theater

This site, from the same person, doesn't require Facebook: http://www.valinor.nl/schleich/nieuws.html

Also, unless I'm not paying that close of attention (and being Schleich, that is possible)--are there no new aquatic animals?

Scottish Sungazer

As a relative novice when it comes to model collecting can I ask, what process do the model makers go through when deciding and designing new models?

I mean is iut just based on 1 or 2 individuals or do they take any comments or feedback on board from sites like this or STS? It would be good if they did since we, along with the kids, are their customers!!

sbell

Quote from: Scottish Sungazer on October 22, 2014, 04:30:34 PM
As a relative novice when it comes to model collecting can I ask, what process do the model makers go through when deciding and designing new models?

I mean is iut just based on 1 or 2 individuals or do they take any comments or feedback on board from sites like this or STS? It would be good if they did since we, along with the kids, are their customers!!

Companies often take feedback in various places like Facebook or direct  comments, but it eventually comes down to marketing decisions. Of the main companies, I have never heard of Schleich taking any direction from anyone in the public, but I don't really follow them that closely.

widukind

Cobra and arctic wolf i will add in my zoo:)