News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My customs!

Started by WiseWolf, October 05, 2014, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseWolf

Uploaded some of my customs to Photobucket, so here are some modified cats for you!

I followed the guide for adding images, but I'm not sure it worked correctly as I can't see the pictures when I view this message, please let me know if you can.

brontodocus

Nice customs, the serval cub is my favourite! :)

WiseWolf

Since it seems you can see them okay, here are some more. Canids this time!

AnimalToyForum

Great work! I especially like the fennec fox  8)

widukind

Nice work, i especially like that you create more species  :)

WiseWolf

Thanks for the kind comments! Here are some more of my customs, some ungulates and a dragon I repainted.

sadie3112

Very nice job! I particularly like the American Elk :D
~Abby~

brontodocus

WiseWolf

Thanks guys. I figured no-one was going to make a dik-dik (no matter how much I asked!) so I thought I'd best try to make one myself. The impala's horns were probably the hardest thing to do, had a hell of a time getting them attached to his head and making them the right shape. Here's a few more:

widukind

Hercules beetle

Your work is amazing. i particularly liked that royal python.

WiseWolf

Thanks! I tried to copy the markings from my pet royal python.

Here's my repaint of the Mojo clouded leopard (I really liked the model but wasn't keen on the paint job):

And here's a side-striped jackal I made by repainting a Schleich black-backed jackal:

brontodocus

Looks so much better now than Mojö's original paintjob! 8)

WiseWolf

Thank you! Here's some snakes I repainted to make particular species. Top row: puff adder, Gaboon viper, African rock python, Cape cobra. Bottom row: corn snake, garter snake, California kingsnake, milk snake, rattlesnake.

WiseWolf

Here's my modified version of the Schleich dragon "Faraun". I didn't like the multiple horns, so I removed all but two of them and rebuilt the back of the head with clay. Also gave him red eyes, to make him more like an albino, and repainted the horns, claws, wingbones and back spines to a brighter yellow colour.

Jetoar

Snakes are really beautiful. Well done  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

WiseWolf

Thank you! The snakes were a lot of work to get the markings right, especially the Gaboon viper. That took ages!

Here's a couple more of my customs. I'm not sure what species the blue badger-like animal was supposed to be originally, but I made it a honey badger. The porcupine I repainted so that it looked like an African porcupine.

Hercules beetle

Quote from: WiseWolf on October 30, 2014, 06:08:06 PM
Thank you! The snakes were a lot of work to get the markings right, especially the Gaboon viper. That took ages!

Here's a couple more of my customs. I'm not sure what species the blue badger-like animal was supposed to be originally, but I made it a honey badger. The porcupine I repainted so that it looked like an African porcupine.

I own that porcupine and the one you painted looks a lot nicer.

widukind

I like your repaints:)

WiseWolf

Here's some of my lion and wolf figures that I repainted. The lions are Mojo and Collecta, both looked great in the stock images I saw online, but had terrible paint jobs when they arrived. The wolves are Breyer and Safari. Like many wolf models, they were painted very dark grey on top and white underneath, so that they looked essentially black and white. You simply don't get wolves coloured like Border Collies, I don't know why so many companies insist on painting them like this. So anyway, I repainted them.