News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

News about Battat Terra animals

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 14, 2014, 08:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

The big news on the dinotoyforum this week is the release of a new line of Battat dinosaurs called Terra. the in store photos show animals on the Terra stand too, and I wondered if these were new releases/sculpts as well. Does anyone have any insights?

Here is a photo by Quendrega at the DTF:

stargatedalek

the marine animals look interesting, but I'd have to see them up close
it might be a while before Target Canada starts stocking them

widukind

Wow, i need better pics so that i can see if they have some interesting species for me :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: widukind on August 14, 2014, 04:47:47 PM
Wow, i need better pics so that i can see if they have some interesting species for me :)

We need someone to go to Target for us (which is where this photo was taken).  Sadly, I'm on the other side of the planet...  :)

stargatedalek

Canadian Targets don't have them yet, I'd expect it to take a few months (if ever)

sbell

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 14, 2014, 10:13:03 PM

We need someone to go to Target for us (which is where this photo was taken).  Sadly, I'm on the other side of the planet...  :)

You have as much chance of seeing them as those of us in Canada, I'm thinking.

Yutyrannus

I hope to see more about these soon, if they're as good as the Gastonia I would definitely buy them.
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

widukind

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 14, 2014, 10:13:03 PM

Me too :(

Newt

Newt

Newt

I also took pictures of some of the farm animals if anyone is interested in those. There was a shelf space for the sea life models, but no figures.

sbell

I'm officially unimpressed. But only because I am bitter and jaded and bored by the 'usual' animal figures. That said, they are nice enough as figures. At least they aren't Schleich.

What is the average price point?

Newt

All were $4.99 except the box in the last picture; I don't remember its price.

sbell

Quote from: Newt on August 17, 2014, 01:22:13 AM
All were $4.99 except the box in the last picture; I don't remember its price.

That's not bad then--a little more than most CollectA or Mojo animals, but a decent enough entry-level price.

Newt

I'm not a collector, and really haven't looked very closely at many of these figures before. I was struck by how much the quality of the sculpting varied within this one line.  Some are decent, some are pretty bad; look at that eagle!

There also seems to have been a miscommunication between the sculpting and painting departments; the wolf, for example, looks like the sculptor intended a maned wolf and the painter a gray wolf. I'm not sure about that spotted cat either; it has a leopard body, cheetah head, and jaguar spots.  Let's call it, "chejaguapard".  ::)

Yutyrannus

Okay, those are quite bad. I prefer Schleich.
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton

stargatedalek

hard to tell from the distance but I think that owl could be the best out of the series, the crocodilian is not half bad either, interesting pose
but those are the only 2 I'm interested in acquiring

can't beat those prices though

AnimalToyForum

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 17, 2014, 02:12:01 AM
hard to tell from the distance but I think that owl could be the best out of the series, the crocodilian is not half bad either, interesting pose
but those are the only 2 I'm interested in acquiring

Ha! If I was a generalist, those would be my two choices too! The mammals have goofy looks on their faces.

Do the sea life critters have any crustaceans among them???  :)) Doubtful but worth asking LOL

stargatedalek

from the earlier picture I can make out 3 types of cetacea, and a strange red-ish grey blob, quite possibly a crustacean