News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Duck-billed platypus (Wild Safari Wildlife)

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 24, 2012, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Some close ups of the head

Overview of body.

Look, they've even included the spurs on the feet. The underside shimmers.

Here's the official Safari Ltd page for this figure: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/wild-safari%C2%AE-wildlife-platypus?pp=12&pp=12

tyrantqueen

Nice. Can I ask how many animal figures you own? (Not counting the prehistoric kind) :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Cool platypus. I have one question: From your point of view, whose is better papo or safari platypus ^-^ ?
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2012, 07:32:15 PM
Nice. Can I ask how many animal figures you own? (Not counting the prehistoric kind) :)

Not very many! Only about five until I started this forum.

I recently had a delivery of wild animals from Safari, which I will photograph for this section of the forum, but I won't keep them, as they will become prizes for the upcoming diorama contest :)

Quote from: Jetoar on December 24, 2012, 07:38:36 PM
Cool platypus. I have one question: From your point of view, whose is better papo or safari platypus ^-^ ?

I can't say as I haven't seen the Papo one in person. But this one is brilliant!

brontodocus

The WS Platypus is an amazing figure. I've seen the Papo version in a toy store - it's good but I still like the Safari figure better. :)

Jetoar

critter

I like this Safari Platypus more than the Papo. The Papo is good though. The other one I like a lot is the Mojo Fun. It is really nice. Not quite as detailed as the Safari. But it is smaller (I like smaller). The Safari is a tiny bit large, but it is still the best sculpted (in my view).

Jetoar

I Spain the name of thsi critter is "Ornitorrinco"  ^-^.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on January 02, 2013, 03:42:10 PM
I Spain the name of thsi critter is "Ornitorrinco"  ^-^.
Ah, so quite literally the genus name! :)

Jetoar