News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Iguanian Lizards: Agamids, Chameleons, Iguanids, Swifts, Curly-tails, and kin

Started by Varanus, December 24, 2012, 02:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varanus

This thread is dedicated to that diverse group of lizards known as Iguanians.

This encompasses the agamids and dragons, the chameleons, the helmeted and basilisk lizards, the collared and leopard lizards, various iguanas, swifts and spiny lizards, anoles, and curly-tails.

I have many to share, but to kick this thread off I'll start with one of my favorites  :):

AAA "Lizard" cast from a real specimen.  It appears to be a Calotes sp. or perhaps  Japalura sp.

tyrantqueen

Huh, never seen that one before. Interesting. I wonder how many lizards AAA actually made.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2012, 03:57:12 AM
Huh, never seen that one before. Interesting. I wonder how many lizards AAA actually made.

I think the same. AAA have done a lot of  reptiles and amphibians  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

These AAA casts are stunning :)!

Here are two Chameleon figures of the same species:
Chamaeleo calyptratus - Veiled Chameleon

-  Colorata "Endangered Species - Reptiles" box (left)
-  Kaiyodo/Takara "ChocoQ Animatales: Pet series 5" No.139 (P66A) (right)

brontodocus

Ah, I thought about creating a more or less identical topic sooner or later, so it's great to see it's already there! :)
Quote from: Varanus on December 24, 2012, 02:17:05 AM
It appears to be a Calotes sp. or perhaps  Japalura sp.
I've seen photos of the figure before and Calotes was my first thought about it, too! :)

Some of my Iguanian figures need an update but for now I'd like to show these two:

Basiliscus plumifrons (Cope, 1876); Plumed Basilisk ("Jesus-Christus-Echse") by Bullyland. Length 221 mm, snout-vent length 79 mm, scale approx. 1:3.

Calumma parsonii (Cuvier, 1824); Parson's Chameleon by AAA, cast from an actual specimen. Length approx. 490 mm (snout-vent length approx. 230 mm).

tyrantqueen

Is that the AAA chameleon that is supposedly badly emaciated? :-[ Lovely looking figure nonetheless :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

postsaurischian

:o The Parson's Chameleon is awesome! What a fantastic sculpt!

>  ... and a superb pic, too ;) it seems to be very photogenic.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kaiyodo/Takara "Amazing Animals" No.10A  Amblyrhynchus cristatus - Marine Iguana

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 24, 2012, 10:36:08 PM
Ah, I thought about creating a more or less identical topic sooner or later, so it's great to see it's already there! :)
Quote from: Varanus on December 24, 2012, 02:17:05 AM
It appears to be a Calotes sp. or perhaps  Japalura sp.
I've seen photos of the figure before and Calotes was my first thought about it, too! :)

Some of my Iguanian figures need an update but for now I'd like to show these two:

Basiliscus plumifrons (Cope, 1876); Plumed Basilisk ("Jesus-Christus-Echse") by Bullyland. Length 221 mm, snout-vent length 79 mm, scale approx. 1:3.

Calumma parsonii (Cuvier, 1824); Parson's Chameleon by AAA, cast from an actual specimen. Length approx. 490 mm (snout-vent length approx. 230 mm).

He is alive  ^-^.

brontodocus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2012, 12:05:58 AM
Is that the AAA chameleon that is supposedly badly emaciated? :-[ Lovely looking figure nonetheless :)
Yes, that's the one, but it doesn't look so bad from that angle (The sunken eyeballs are still visible :-\).

Oh, and I have both colour variants of the "Amazing animals!" series:

The left one being the colourful A. c. venustissimus Eibl-Eibesfeldt, 1956 from Espanola (same as the Colorata figure). Length 88 mm, snout-vent length 43 mm, scale approx. 1:6 - 1:15. "Michelle" is approx. 1:12 - 1:13 scale. I need to update my photos of the Bandai Nature Zone and Safari Ltd. IC figures. And I have the Yujin Marine Iguana, too, which I haven't even photographed, yet.

And here's the Play Visions Rhinoceros Iguana, Cyclura cornuta Bonnaterre, 1789. Length 108 mm, scale approx. 1:6 - 1:14. I should make a comparison shot of this with its darker Yujin counterpart. :)

Corytophanes cristatus (Merrem, 1821); Helmeted Iguana. Play Visions. Length 111 mm, scale approx. 1:2 - 1:3.

Phrynosoma cornutum (Harlan, 1825); Texas Horned Lizard. Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures. Length 149 mm, snout-vent length 103 mm, scale approx. 1:0.6 - 1:1.1.

Jetoar

brontodocus

A walk-around of the Incredible Creatures Galapagos Marine Iguana, Amblyrhynchus cristatus (Bell, 1825). It's apparently a representative of the colourful Espanola subspecies, A. c. venustissimus Eibl-Eibesfeldt, 1956. The figure is hollow and quite soft. Total length is approx. 304 mm with a snout-vent length of 122 mm, so the scale is approx. 1:3 - 1:4 for a mature male specimen. Here's the link to its original site at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/incredible-creatures%C2%AE-galapagos-marine-iguana

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Ana

Beautiful one! ^-^ But quite too huge for my collection I must say  :o

brontodocus

Admittedly, that's probably the downside of the IC line for many collectors. Personally I like my figures larger but of course space is a limiting factor. However, it's still one of the smaller IC figures, almost tiny when compared to e.g. the Frilled Lizard, or the Alligator with Babies. Or the retired life-sized Green Iguana... :o

Jetoar

IC have done a incredible figures. Congratulations to safari and you for this figure  ^-^.

brontodocus

The cute and more or less life-sized Incredible Creatures (Texas) Horned Lizard, Phrynosoma cornutum (Harlan, 1825). With a total length of approx. 149 mm and 103 mm snout-vent length it's even a little larger than normal, so the scale would be around 1:0.6 to 1:1.1. Link to its original site at Safari Ltd: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/incredible-creatures%C2%AE-horned-lizard

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Varanus

I very nice figure (and photos!), I still need get this one.  It's a shame AAA never did a horned lizard, it would have been fantastic! :o

brontodocus

Thanks, Varanus! :) Yes, a horned lizard by AAA would have been great. I still see AAA reptiles that are new to me every now and then but maybe a horned lizard would have been too distinctive to have slipped away unnoticed? ;D

Jetoar

very cool figure, I like his textures and colors  :).

brontodocus

Walk-around of the AAA "Common Chameleon", Chamaeleonidae gen. sp.; since the head lacks a medial, crest-like elevation it is apparently not Chamaeleo chamaeleon. Total length is approx. 290 mm with a snout-vent length of approx. 130 mm. Unfortunately, this specimen shows quite some paint rub. :-\ There is another, more colourful version of this figure in a walk-around by tyrantqueen.

Edit 2017-02-06: Fixed broken image urls.