News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Yujin frogs

Started by sauroid, April 18, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i have eleven out of fifteen yujin frogs (hope to get the rest soon)
Agalychnis callidryas

Bufo japonica

Dendrobates tinctorius

Ceratophrys ornata

Hyla japonica

Megophrys nasuta

Microhyla ornata

Rana catesbeiana

Rana japonica

Rana nigromaculata (secret fig.)

Rhacophorus arboreus

sbell

It's a neat set--Yujin doesn't get enough love in my opinion. Although it is funny that the flying frog Rhacophorus isn't one of the ones posed on a tree or in leaping/flying pose.

Newt

Those are nice! How big are they?

It's an interesting set of species-  a mix of Japanese natives and popular pets.  The American bullfrog doesn't seem to fit either category.  I guess it's so well-established in Japan that they're treating it as an honorary native.

Not all the Rhacophorus are gliders- I think that's one of the non-gliding species.  It would be nice to see an R. nigropalmatus or similar in parachute pose!

sauroid

they are Kaiyodo sized, about 1.5" to 3" (the bullfrog is the biggest and heaviest).

sbell

Quote from: Newt on April 18, 2014, 08:49:11 PM
Those are nice! How big are they?

It's an interesting set of species-  a mix of Japanese natives and popular pets.  The American bullfrog doesn't seem to fit either category.  I guess it's so well-established in Japan that they're treating it as an honorary native.

Not all the Rhacophorus are gliders- I think that's one of the non-gliding species.  It would be nice to see an R. nigropalmatus or similar in parachute pose!

Like this?

It's the Colorata Rhacophorus reinwardtii. I've always know the genus overall as flying tree frogs--still seems unusual to me that they wouldn't have done a glider instead.

sauroid

that colorata frog is much bigger, judging from the snout to vent measurement at almost 3 inches.

sbell

Quote from: sauroid on April 19, 2014, 06:58:57 AM
that colorata frog is much bigger, judging from the snout to vent measurement at almost 3 inches.

Oh yeah, the set is all over the place in terms of sizes--that is one of the bigger ones.