News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Helodermatidae - Gila monster & Beaded lizard

Started by postsaurischian, March 26, 2014, 03:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

I wonder how many figures of this small reptile family have been done.
Is there any of the Beaded lizard ????

Epoch 'The Poison' ~  Heloderma suspectum - Gila monster   > walk-around

bmathison1972

I know of three other Gila Monsters; Safari did two (incl. one this year) and Yujin did one (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/yurinpice.htm).

I like these guys; they are from where I grew up!

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

:) A very nice idea for a thread, although there are not so many figures around. The Epoch figure seems to be the best of the (few) smaller Gila Monster figures I've seen so far. I have the Yujin version somewhere. Tyrantqueen also has the awesome, life-sized Safari Ltd version which seems to be quite rare, unfortunately. :'(

widukind

stargatedalek

brontodocus

Always nice to see this wonderful big Gila Monster figure! :) There is a walk-around of it here but of course it should also be in this thread! ^-^

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on December 22, 2014, 08:46:14 AM
Always nice to see this wonderful big Gila Monster figure! :) There is a walk-around of it here but of course it should also be in this thread! ^-^
to think, this is that very same Gila monster ;)
(thanks again Tyrantqueen, if you're still active here on the ATF)

Jetoar

Gila monster large version is the best replica  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

A small, but surpsingly good looking model of a an animal that not always present on the animal toy market

bmathison1972

It was great of Safari to include a lizard in the North American line, a line reserved most commonly for large mammals and birds.

Takama

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 27, 2017, 10:28:45 PM
It was great of Safari to include a lizard in the North American line, a line reserved most commonly for large mammals and birds.

They had a Snake in the line.   But its been long retired

Rossano

really rare and beautiful animal, good sculpting and really poor painting. So bad.

bmathison1972

I just noticed 'Gila' is spelled incorrectly in the title of this thread  C:-)

haruldosaurus

I have a figurine that might be a beaded lizard - Heloderma horridum - Uknown maker

bmathison1972