News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour

Started by brontodocus, March 16, 2014, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

A thread for the gorgeous Japanese capsule figures from the Nature Techni Colour series by Kitan Club.

We will certainly see lots of photos here and I may contribute some, too. :) But for the moment...

A few weeks ago I bought several Japanese gashapon figure sets and one was the Kitan Club Horned Frogs set (beware, the set I bought does not contain figures but mini purses with horned frogs printed on them instead, a photo is here). I never really looked at them until yesterday when I found the flyer I scanned above which was included with each of the pamphlets for the mini purses. Has anybody ever seen this Kitan Club Giant Squid? Is it a Museum exclusive or an Expo figure (the date 2013-04-30 - 2014-04-30 seems to indicate that)? Pretty big, too! 8)

So feel free to post photos of your Kitan Club figures! :)

postsaurischian

That flyer also came with the Ogasawara figures. I thought it was kind of a secret for that set and could be ordered by mail (just a theory).
By that time I was more interested in the Kaiyodo museum model (which we missed as you know) and forgot about this one.

postsaurischian

^-^ Here's the 2014 Nankyoku set:

01 - Emperor Penguin

02 - Emperor Penguin children

03 - Adelie Penguin

04 - Rockhopper Penguin

05 - Killer Whale   (I'd prefer the term Orca)

06 - Leopard Seal

07 - South Polar Skua

bmathison1972

the skua is a nice one; is that an 'original' figure (i.e., is that the first of its species made?)

widukind

A unbelievable nice set!! Big congratulations :)

brontodocus

Congrats, such a wonderful set, Helge! :) The secret figure is a group of Emperor Penguins, but they are apparently a good deal smaller than the regular figure. My favourite is the Leopard Seal. 8)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 14, 2014, 11:17:51 PM
the skua is a nice one; is that an 'original' figure (i.e., is that the first of its species made?)
The same species (Stercorarius or Catharacta maccormicki) was also part of the Lontic/Nayab Antarctic playsets:

...but the quality (and colouration) is of course not comparable with Kitan Club.

bmathison1972

Not sure how long this link will be valid but here is a new set for Kitan Club (prob coming out in early 2015); the next in the Nature of Japan series

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r121847610#enlargeimg

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 20, 2014, 02:23:27 PM
Not sure how long this link will be valid but here is a new set for Kitan Club (prob coming out in early 2015); the next in the Nature of Japan series

Nice, thanks for showing, Blaine! :) The auction has ended on Dec. 10th but google translator said it's a preorder scheduled for March - so I think this will be more or less the release date, then? :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on December 20, 2014, 02:42:09 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 20, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

Nice, thanks for showing, Blaine! :) The auction has ended on Dec. 10th but google translator said it's a preorder scheduled for March - so I think this will be more or less the release date, then? :)

Sounds good; I already ordered the beetle, crab, and flowers through Brett (I will use the flowers as a display base for one of my critters, maybe a mantid or butterfly)

postsaurischian

:D Hurra! Finally - the next Nature of Japan set. I'm a big fan of this series and each complete set is a must-have to me.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 20, 2014, 03:17:39 PM
Sounds good; I already ordered the beetle, crab, and flowers through Brett (I will use the flowers as a display base for one of my critters, maybe a mantid or butterfly)

Aren't these cherry blossoms?

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 20, 2014, 03:44:39 PM
Aren't these cherry blossoms?
They do look like cherry blossoms... hehe, is that the reason why the set is scheduled for March? ;D

postsaurischian

I thought I'd better show the picture here before it's gone on yahoo.

The volcano also has a title next to it here on the pic ^
Could it be it is also included as a figure :-\ ;D?

....... and let us not forget about this upcoming Northern America set ;):

Jetoar

Awesome  :o, the sparrow is wonderful  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

postsaurischian

^-^  A small set of Japanese Tree frogs sitting on different mushrooms

Amanita virosa - Destroying angel

Amanita muscaria - Fly agaric

Amanita hemibapha - Half-dyed slender caesar

Amanita pantherina - Panthercap mushroom

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

they are lovely, both the fungi and the frog

brontodocus

Those treefrogs look great, and the fungi too! :) I wonder if the fungi can be displayed without the frogs, too, are there any holes in them where the frogs attach?

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on September 06, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
....... I wonder if the fungi can be displayed without the frogs, too, are there any holes in them where the frogs attach?

The frogs and fungi aren't separated.
Only the legs of the climbing one on the far left had to be poked into tiny holes in the fungus stipe.

postsaurischian

^-^  Ikimon presents Clear Streams In Japan

01 - Plecoglossus altivelis altivelis - Ayu

02 - Salvelinus leucomaenis japonicus - Whitespotted char

03 - Oncorhynchus masou masou - Seema

04 - Zacco platypus - Pale chub

05 - Tribolodon hakonensis - Japanese dace