News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 16, 2012, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

As part of the upgrade today, I've just activated a new forum feature: drafts. You can now save drafts of posts (they should autosave actually) and post them later. you'll notice a "SAVE DRAFT" button next to the "PREVIEW" and "POST" buttons on the "Post Reply" page. There's also a drafts section in each user's profile.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on May 13, 2022, 11:35:55 PMAs part of the upgrade today, I've just activated a new forum feature: drafts. You can now save drafts of posts (they should autosave actually) and post them later. you'll notice a "SAVE DRAFT" button next to the "PREVIEW" and "POST" buttons on the "Post Reply" page. There's also a drafts section in each user's profile.

Looking forward to this feature. I have typed text in the past and then I do something and it's all gone and have to re-type! For my Museum posts, I have drafts saved as Notepad docs, but for other things I have lost text I wish I could have saved as a draft :)

AnimalToyForum

Avatars are now integrated across the entire forum.

bmathison1972

I also noticed that you must re-subscribe to posts you were subscribed to previously.

AnimalToyForum

I noticed that images in signatures were no longer shrinking to fit on mobile devices following the forum upgrade, so I've corrected this. Signature images should now shrink to fit again.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 21, 2022, 01:33:46 PMI also noticed that you must re-subscribe to posts you were subscribed to previously.

Are you talking about watched topics or bookmarks? The bookmarks mod is no longer active but the watched topics should have carried over.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on May 22, 2022, 12:42:37 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 21, 2022, 01:33:46 PMI also noticed that you must re-subscribe to posts you were subscribed to previously.

Are you talking about watched topics or bookmarks? The bookmarks mod is no longer active but the watched topics should have carried over.

Watched topics :)

AnimalToyForum

I've gotten used to the new look DinoToyForum front page, with only one sidebar and recent topics at the top of the page. I think it might be time to implement this at the AnimalToyForum as well. We really don't need two sidebars, and I think having the recent posts front and centre is convenient and more inviting to new visitors. Thoughts?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 25, 2022, 01:55:02 PMI've gotten used to the new look DinoToyForum front page, with only one sidebar and recent topics at the top of the page. I think it might be time to implement this at the AnimalToyForum as well. We really don't need two sidebars, and I think having the recent posts front and centre is convenient and more inviting to new visitors. Thoughts?

Honestly, at first I didn't like it. But I, too, have gotten used to it on DTF so I wouldn't mind if the change was made here. 99% of my forum activity is on a desktop/laptop (not phone) so it's not inconvenient for me to scroll down a little.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 25, 2022, 02:11:53 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 25, 2022, 01:55:02 PMI've gotten used to the new look DinoToyForum front page, with only one sidebar and recent topics at the top of the page. I think it might be time to implement this at the AnimalToyForum as well. We really don't need two sidebars, and I think having the recent posts front and centre is convenient and more inviting to new visitors. Thoughts?

Honestly, at first I didn't like it. But I, too, have gotten used to it on DTF so I wouldn't mind if the change was made here. 99% of my forum activity is on a desktop/laptop (not phone) so it's not inconvenient for me to scroll down a little.

I'm glad you've warmed to the new look a well. In that case I might just go ahead and make the change over the festive period... watch this space!

Edit - it is done!

AnimalToyForum

Hey, I've accidentally messed something up on the forum so the side bar and some functionality is missing. I'll fix this as soon as I can. Core functionality is still working so you can still post as usual in the meantime.

AnimalToyForum

AnimalToyForum

Just a quick note to welcome @Saarlooswolfhound who has just joined the forum.

I've set your account to Reviewer status so you can access the reviewers board. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Excellent. Thank you!

bmathison1972

Now that Safari has a few extant releases, I'll start working on the 2023 banner

@animaltoyforum

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 05, 2023, 03:03:36 PMNow that Safari has a few extant releases, I'll start working on the 2023 banner

@animaltoyforum

Sounds good!

AnimalToyForum

For those of you who upload images directly as post attachments, this feature is now simpler and more intuitive to use. There are still two stages: 1 upload image, 2. insert into post body. If you don't do the second stage the image will only appear as a small thumbnail below the post, so make sure you insert by clicking the little blue arrow (see screenshot) next to the thumbnail.

Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 15.52.40.png

EpicRaptorMan

Is there any way that we can get this implemented for posts that are responding to a thread? Because as far as I'm aware the only way to upload an image to a response post is to use while using a .jpg link.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 17, 2023, 05:13:06 PMIs there any way that we can get this implemented for posts that are responding to a thread? Because as far as I'm aware the only way to upload an image to a response post is to use while using a .jpg link.

It should work for all posts including replies. Make sure your clicking "Reply", which gives you all options, rather than using the more limited "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: animaltoyforum on June 17, 2023, 05:21:40 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 17, 2023, 05:13:06 PMIs there any way that we can get this implemented for posts that are responding to a thread? Because as far as I'm aware the only way to upload an image to a response post is to use while using a .jpg link.

It should work for all posts including replies. Make sure your clicking "Reply", which gives you all options, rather than using the more limited "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page.
Okay thanks I didn't know "Reply" was an option. Only ever used "Quick Reply"
Appreciate.