Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mysticeti - Baleen whales (or was it whales with a moustache?)

Started by brontodocus, December 12, 2012, 11:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetdin

thanks for the photos and review!
i googled up blue whale toys a few days ago randomly and suddenly found this post. fell in love with this model instantly! i just purchased it i cant wait for it. :-)

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetdin on November 04, 2016, 05:23:12 PM
i googled up blue whale toys a few days ago randomly and suddenly found this post. fell in love with this model instantly! i just purchased it i cant wait for it. :-)
You're welcome, Jetdin! :) And while we're at it: Welcome to the Animal Toy Forum, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed your model arrives safely and in time.

Jetdin

thanks for the warm welcome brontodocus!
my item has just arrived. only took a few days to ship and arrive. the model is excellent! and looks soooo much smaller in the photos! when i received the item it was gigantic!
will post photos later  ;)

Jetdin

Quote from: brontodocus on November 08, 2016, 09:02:21 PM
Quote from: Jetdin on November 04, 2016, 05:23:12 PM
You're welcome, Jetdin! :) And while we're at it: Welcome to the Animal Toy Forum, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed your model arrives safely and in time.
thanks brontodocus!

Jetdin

if the photos make the model look small, dont believe so. trust me this thing is really big!

Stuckasaurus

Ugh, so jealous of your 1:40 collection, sphyrna18 !!! I've always wanted the complete set of MBA whales, but silly younger me was too impatient to save up for the big ones, and the Sperm Whale was out of production by the time I started collecting in earnest. I saw several cheap ones on eBay a while back, but I waited too long again.  :'(  Also, is that a 1:40 Minke Whale there?

CetaceanFan

Lovely Humpback Whale model, not as good as the MBA one, but still beautiful.

brontodocus

Edited first post 2017-02-04: Fixed broken image urls - now hosted on postimage.org

sphyrna18

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 21, 2016, 01:33:38 AM
Ugh, so jealous of your 1:40 collection, sphyrna18 !!! I've always wanted the complete set of MBA whales, but silly younger me was too impatient to save up for the big ones, and the Sperm Whale was out of production by the time I started collecting in earnest. I saw several cheap ones on eBay a while back, but I waited too long again.  :'(  Also, is that a 1:40 Minke Whale there?

Thank you! I've always liked displaying my figures by scale, and 1:40 seems to be a very popular one for figure makers.

It is a 1:40 Minke Whale! It was released in the Schleich 1:32 Sea Life collection, but it ranges in scale up to about 1:45 or 1:46 for a large individual.

brontodocus

Quote from: sphyrna18 on February 04, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 21, 2016, 01:33:38 AM

Thank you! I've always liked displaying my figures by scale, and 1:40 seems to be a very popular one for figure makers.

It is a 1:40 Minke Whale! It was released in the Schleich 1:32 Sea Life collection, but it ranges in scale up to about 1:45 or 1:46 for a large individual.
Hehe, I came to the exact same maximum scale for that figure. :) While the Schleich "1:32" figure is retired, apparently Maia & Borges (who made the figure for Schleich) have rereleased the figure again a few years back. It should be available at any store that carries Maia & Borges figures. :)

brontodocus

Quote from: CetaceanFan on February 04, 2017, 08:48:28 AM
Thanks again, CetaceanFan! :) I assume all photos in the first post were invisible (they were for me at least) so I fixed the broken image urls again. :)

CetaceanFan

Quote from: brontodocus on February 04, 2017, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: CetaceanFan on February 04, 2017, 08:48:28 AM
Thanks again, CetaceanFan! :) I assume all photos in the first post were invisible (they were for me at least) so I fixed the broken image urls again. :)
Yep, that is true the photos were invisible to me too. But I saw the figure in postsaurischian's reply.

brontodocus

Colorata Marine Mammals DX Blue Whale photos are back. :)

brontodocus

Colorata Marine Mammals DX North Pacific Right Whale images are visible again. :)

brontodocus

Kaiyodo Red Data Animals Bowhead Whale photos are back. :)

brontodocus

AAA Right Whale walk-around photos are working again. :)

brontodocus

Images of CollectA Bowhead Whale have returned. :)

brontodocus

Mojö Fun Humpback Whale images are back. :)

brontodocus

Photos of WS Sealife Bowhead Whale have returned. :)

brontodocus

Images of Schleich "1:32" Humpback Whale are back. :)