News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sheep and Goats (Caprinae)

Started by brontodocus, July 12, 2013, 11:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

brontodocus

brontodocus

Fixed broken image urls in first post of Papo Chamois walk-around. :)

Badger

Phonetically, the pronunciation is 'Shamwa'.

The first 'a' is pronounced as it is when saying the word 'bad'. The second 'a' is pronounced as it is when saying the word 'father'.
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

AnimalToyForum

Thanks, Badger.

I deleted my question because I realised I had alread asked it earlier in this thread! Kept your answer, though!

Advicot

What a marvellous model. I've done photography with it with alpine flowers in France.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Oh, I was unaware of this figure, it looks like much better than the Bullyland that I had in my mind for buy! And it seems to have a good size for my collection despite being at bigger scale! It's retired, it isn't?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on November 06, 2019, 11:07:49 PM
Oh, I was unaware of this figure, it looks like much better than the Bullyland that I had in my mind for buy! And it seems to have a good size for my collection despite being at bigger scale! It's retired, it isn't?

I bought mine very recently :)

It is nice, albeit large for the species (when next to other bovids). I think you commented on my Synoptic Collection thread

Advicot

I'm still getting the Bullyland one so I can have a pair of chamois.  :D
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Arctinus

I'm glad I grabbed one at a local shop (they only had a few Papo figures, the rest were and still are Schleich  :-\). I also had a chance to see a Chamois couple chasing each other in the mountains last year. They're called gamsi (plural) here (singular is gams).  ^-^
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Lanthanotus

gamsi... that Swiss German?

Lucky find of a nice figure. Seen wild ones several times, sometimes quite near, but the best memory is of a hike to a lone lake up in the mountains during fall and we saw a big herd on the flank of the opposing mountain.

Arctinus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 21, 2020, 08:40:33 PM
gamsi... that Swiss German?

Lucky find of a nice figure. Seen wild ones several times, sometimes quite near, but the best memory is of a hike to a lone lake up in the mountains during fall and we saw a big herd on the flank of the opposing mountain.

It's Slovenian, actually, but the word itself was borrowed from Bavarian German Gams (Gämse in Standard German) according to the Etymological Dictionary.  :D

I hope I'll run into them again next year (it's the end of mountain hiking for me for the year).  ^-^

They're quite common in the Slovenian Alps here, but I live on the other side of the country where, sadly, there are none because the terrain here is a mix of hills and flatlands (no mountains on this side).  :-\ But we do have the image of the Goldhorn (our legendary white chamois with gold horns) on one of our favourite beer brands. xD

Now I need to get my hands on a decent Alpine ibex. I have the Schleich one, but it looks a bit off.  ???
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Physeter macrocephalus

A very rare mountain goat from Taurus Mountains whic actually in my country so I can go to see it but Theres a high chance that I can't see one.

bmathison1972

Mojo 2023 Romney ewe; they also produced a ram and lamb, but I didn't need all three.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972