News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blue-footed booby (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)

Started by AnimalToyForum, June 09, 2013, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Here's a walk-around of the Blue-footed booby (Sula nebouxii) by Furuta. It looks a little imbalanced but I think intentionally so, with one leg raised off the ground, as the booby is doing its ritualistic courtship dance. Quite seductive. You will see from the photos, a little bit has chipped off the raised leg, which happened when I was putting it together. The joints in these Furuta models are often a poor fit, some of them don't fit without some modification, and so I've snapped more than one with my impatience. In the end I gave up on this one, until Himmapaan, with the most meticulous care, kindly trimmed the joint and constructed the figure for me. Edit - I've just noticed the last two photographs below, in juxtaposition, result in an amusing image!

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Such a nice figure even despite the obvious seams. :) I remember I had a hard time putting it together, too. Although thankfully I didn't break anything, phew.