News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lepidoptera

Started by brontodocus, April 09, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Safari Smithsonian Luna Moth:

EpicRaptorMan

Nice. This one's mine. A bit large but I still find it acceptable. I think the green coloration may be too vibrant, but I do want to paint the top of the wings to have more of a purple hue.1000001601.jpg

bmathison1972

@EpicRaptorMan - not sure if you were aware, your luna moth is the adult from Safari's life cycle set. Was it sold as such, or is it a knock-off? The sculpt is Safari's, regardless. More curious than anything.

EpicRaptorMan

Yes it's a knock off @bmathison1972. Can't beat $1.60

Like I said I may customize it to make it more purple on the top of the wings & having down the sharp tips.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on June 05, 2024, 02:43:44 AMYes it's a knock off @bmathison1972. Can't beat $1.60

Like I said I may customize it to make it more purple on the top of the wings & having down the sharp tips.

Thanks. I know you've mentioned in the past you don't mind knock offs; I was just curious about that particular figure.

bmathison1972

The small cabbage white, Pieris rapae.

Larva by Kaiyodo; adult by K&M International

bmathison1972

Orange-barred sulfurs by Safari Ltd.:

Hidden Kingdom Insects:

Butterflies TOOB:

Authentics Butterflies:

bmathison1972

Ikimon Kolyma eighty-eight:

bmathison1972

Kaiyodo spangle larvae: