News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Turtles

Started by stemturtle, December 08, 2012, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

And yet you don't have this strange turtle...

The 'artillery-necked' turtle!

sauroid

hi. i need to have my alligator snapping turtle figure's brand ID'd. thanks (i posted here instead of the ID thread to get a faster reply).

stemturtle

Hi saurod. Your Alligator Snapper figure is by Agatsuma Entertainment, released around 2011, now retired.

sauroid

thank you! i knew you were gonna be able to ID it. :)

sauroid

hello i have a marine turtle hatchling figure i need ID'd. it is life sized (about 4"x5") and realistically detailed. thanks.

stemturtle

If I owned this figure I would call it a hatchling green sea turtle, Chelonia mydas, black with a white plastron.
I do not know the maker.

sauroid

Quote from: stemturtle on September 06, 2016, 06:56:41 PM
If I owned this figure I would call it a hatchling green sea turtle, Chelonia mydas, black with a white plastron.
I do not know the maker.
thanks. :)
i guess it was molded from a preserved specimen.

stargatedalek

That is amazing! If you ever find another/any information on it do please share.

Jetoar

Nice figure. It is really beautiful  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on September 06, 2016, 08:08:42 PM
Quote from: stemturtle on September 06, 2016, 06:56:41 PM
I do not know the maker.
thanks. :)
i guess it was molded from a preserved specimen.

maybe AAA?

sauroid

i dont think it is AAA because AAA has their logo on the belly. this one has no info whatsoever. i got it as a loose figure and im guessing it is from a Japanese brand. thanks all. :)

brontodocus

My first thought was that it may be cast from a real specimen, too, but on the other hand the scutes on the carapace look more like sculpted ones, at least judging from the photo. No idea which brand but a beautiful one for sure, congrats! :)

stemturtle

AAA notched turtle, length 4.5 in (11.5 cm)

I came across this AAA notched turtle in storage, thinking that I had given it away years ago. Seeing that the carapace is flat, the ID cannot be the keeled box turtle, Cuora mouhotii, as I had previously speculated. More likely, it is cast from a specimen of the Ryukyu black-breasted leaf turtle, Geoemyda japonica. I could be wrong - again.

stargatedalek

That's the same ID I ended up going with, haven't repainted mine yet so any conflicting ID's appreciated.

stemturtle

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 30, 2016, 02:54:52 PM
That's the same ID I ended up going with, haven't repainted mine yet so any conflicting ID's appreciated.

Nice to see the ID seconded. Thanks, stargatedalek.  :)

Rossano

Quote from: stemturtle on October 27, 2016, 08:43:04 PM

AAA notched turtle, length 4.5 in (11.5 cm)

I came across this AAA notched turtle in storage, thinking that I had given it away years ago. Seeing that the carapace is flat, the ID cannot be the keeled box turtle, Cuora mouhotii, as I had previously speculated. More likely, it is cast from a specimen of the Ryukyu black-breasted leaf turtle, Geoemyda japonica. I could be wrong - again.

I just bought my second turtle, Papo's leatherback turtle, after the very obvious but quite nice Galapagos' giant turtle by Schleich, and I have just completed my chart of the whole Testudines taxon, so I am looking around for new models of other groups, like Mata mata (I still don't have any Pleurodira) or Spiny turtle for Geoemydidae and Map turtle for Emidydae and so on, and this thread is very rich of good hints.

I find this AAA model really beatyful, but I can't find the site of the producer to see what other models they have and check out if they are distributed in Italy. Any indication would be really welcome.

stemturtle

Quote from: Rossano on November 01, 2016, 12:10:15 AM

I find this AAA model really beatyful, but I can't find the site of the producer to see what other models they have and check out if they are distributed in Italy. Any indication would be really welcome.

There are several reviews of AAA turtles on this forum if you look through the list and select the turtle subjects:

Toy Animal.Info also lists AAA turtles using links to images:

STS covers pretty much the same figures, and you need to log in to see the images.

The IDs marked on the figures are not always accurate. I buy many figures on eBay. Overseas shipping to Italy might be expensive. Perhaps one of our European members could advise you about a seller.

Japanese figures are available through forum member Brett, bmknj17. Postage costs might still be a concern.
Happy hunting!  :)

stargatedalek

I have quite a few AAA that are missing from that list, but unfortunately no more turtles.

Also, I'm not an editor on Toy Animal.info so someone who is may want to note the iguanas they have are actually mislabeled water dragons.

AcroSauroTaurus

My Turtles/Tortoises

Figures:
Schleich Galapagos Giant Tortoise
I don't know the companies for the other four:
Rubber Tortoise with hard plastic shell
Generic China Turtle
China Proganochelid
China Sea Turtle
I am the Dinosaur King!

stemturtle

AcroSauroTaurus, you showed a Proganochelid.
When you get the time, please post a close up that shows if the neck and tail have spikes.
As help to search for this figure, is it part of a set? Thanks.