News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 07, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Disregard. Posted the wrong comment in the wrong thread.

BlueKrono

I have also bought many things from this seller. Looks like he's come down a little on his original price. Thankfully I found it for sale on another website earlier this year. They're quite hard to find for such a recent figure.
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

@BlueKrono is that the same site you, or someone else, recommended to me?

Much more reasonable price on that website imo.

BlueKrono

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 11, 2023, 06:37:10 AM@BlueKrono is that the same site you, or someone else, recommended to me?

Yes, I had a good experience with them. Did you ever end up getting the frog?
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 11, 2023, 01:19:07 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 11, 2023, 06:37:10 AM@BlueKrono is that the same site you, or someone else, recommended to me?

Yes, I had a good experience with them. Did you ever end up getting the frog?
I did, yes. Thanks

Saarlooswolfhound

That specific item is intriguing... may just be a trick of the light but it looks like a two-faced maned wolf.

Koifish

I found this on eBay last night by complete accident, and about lost my mind.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225695790453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kjdtrj-lto-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KvVP4hthQ9-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It's a quagga mare and foal, with a paint scheme very reminiscent of the Mojo quagga. I've never seen this before, and I have no idea who the manufacturer is. I placed an order last night, and will definitely post pics when it arrives. Also, I happened to see the same figures on AliExpress.
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

Saarlooswolfhound

Those are copies of recent Schleich models but a nice idea nonetheless. I will be customizing my own herd. Great find though!

NSD Bashe

For some reason when I typed mojo quagga into Google a little information panel on the Mojo quagga comes up, but it lists animal type as "bear"...  Not related really, I just found that weird.  But yeah, the Mojo quagga seems to have a bit stockier legs than that eBay listing, it's not too uncommon for various Chinese companies on eBay to make repainted molds of other brand's figures and change the species a little.  for instance I believe I've seen altered versions of the Collecta andrewsarchus offered on eBay as a "thylacine".  Considering the quagga is a pretty rare and sought after animal in figure form I'm almost surprised if it hasn't happened til now...

NSD Bashe

BlueKrono

Quote from: NSD Bashe on August 23, 2023, 09:16:18 AMNow this is quite a bit expensive but it is the very rare gigantic Nihon Auto Toy footballfish, basically a foot long, or the size of an actual football.  I honestly never expected to see another of these but here it be, from jubei88 AKA King Crab Collectables no less:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204268157728?hash=item2f8f54bb20:g:z0MAAOSw0MlkCM3v&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwBSXgM8fntrGsAj6vS%2BB6nfFqnyJYs1vTBqQ9cGMZsPNkl4b%2FOLvE3WkonZ1PWkuW39myYQSVpO05LkwmZPvEVQIvk9ybiiMfeGxuZha%2BrFvxR0IYvgr3NPuPhv64oyyB%2F7B3Xr5j2LFhl9Wm1HXflEmBCtvGGSMaTsrgV%2FbTSSmikGrMQYVy5PRxQj2r7Ep54GAZ%2Fi7H03%2BlM8EJ6SH4%2FF5r0kAALt%2FK2eT0OOE5Q5X5zRhqQD6SihkHvKi4izwvQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-7ClJfEYg

What a crazy model! Sorry to other interested parties, but I had to pull the trigger on this one. Thank you @NSD Bashe for posting it.
I like turtles.

Saarlooswolfhound

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 25, 2023, 09:59:58 PMSafari Scutosaurus!

That's the cheapest I've ever seen it, but still not paying that much for it. Someone's bound to make a good one sooner or later.

Saarlooswolfhound

I was able to talk a seller down a bit and get one for about this price. But yes, cheapest one I have seen in a while but still not "reasonable" for sure! The model is rather small too... surprised me when I got mine.

EpicRaptorMan

There was a Scutosaurus on eBay that was for $125 and was sold. Dunno why they didn't purchase this one. They were listed at the same time. I think one listed was promoted.

The only other one on eBay is $135+