Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Figure manufacturer identification thread

Started by tyrantqueen, December 07, 2012, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isidro

I can answer about the Chinese paddlefish size: 15 centimeters :)

FlaffyRaptors

Quote from: sbell on February 27, 2021, 03:32:22 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on February 27, 2021, 03:22:06 PM
Who made the American Paddlefish on the right? I found this pic on @sbell 's blog.

The blog should have said (oops)...but it's a small run resin from Japan from a company called My Favorite. There's a few interesting ones, but it's the must have for me!

@brettnj  might have a link, I can't find it

I see, thank you very much! It's the best Paddlefish figure I've ever seen made. :o
In regards to the Chinese paddlefish, Do you have a pic of it with a ruler?

Quote from: Isidro on February 27, 2021, 03:40:58 PM
I can answer about the Chinese paddlefish size: 15 centimeters :)

Thanks! Great work on that figure btw. It's a darn shame this species is rather neglected in the hobby.

ook

I have a feline model here that would have been used to create a mould, I am unsure whether she made it into production but would love if anybody could ID her?

bmathison1972

Looks like something that would have been made for a movie or such (e.g., Lion King) - it has a somewhat 'cartoony' appearance to it, for lack of a better term.

jenna4444

Does anyone recognize this puppy?  It was listed on ebay once as a Puppy in my Pocket prototype.  Since there have been four found now, I'm starting to doubt that.  There are no markings.  Thanks!

valmont

I have two new figurines which I can't identify. The first one is a squirrel (I guess) but no brand info.
The second one is a black horse, it has not any symbol even the figure is quite detailes.

bmathison1972

Interesting. I'm no help with the horse. The squirrel doesn't have the 'look' of any brand. How big is it? Nayab is the only thing that comes to mind, but that's probably not right.

valmont

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 23, 2021, 11:38:01 AM
Interesting. I'm no help with the horse. The squirrel doesn't have the 'look' of any brand. How big is it? Nayab is the only thing that comes to mind, but that's probably not right.

Squirrel is around 5 cm long. I like specially the position of his body as it was running away from a predator

EpicRaptorMan

Does anyone have this one? Or know the brand of it?
It's in my collection.

bmathison1972

@EpicRaptorMan - I moved your inquiry to the manufacturer identification thread since you are asking what brand it is.

It looks like the figure in the Schleich Accessory Set: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Schleich_42327_Coral_fish

otherwise, it may be a knockoff of it.

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 okay sorry, was just trying to appeal to the search engines :P

bmathison1972

do you mean have the thread searchable by the animal's name? Just typing it in the main body of the text will work :)

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 12, 2021, 12:28:10 PM
do you mean have the thread searchable by the animal's name? Just typing it in the main body of the text will work :)
partially. Large search engines, Google/Yahoo/Bing favor single discussions (over mass threads) with definitive questions and definitive answers all while using key words.
"Schleich", "What is" and "??", "Fox-faced Rabbitfish" you get the picture. It allows the forum one more opportunity to pop up as a search result.

That's how I was brought to this site

bmathison1972

Gotcha! OK, going forward if you want to post them individually that is fine, I won't combine them :)

NSD Bashe

I do have a question about a couple models though I unfortunately can't show any images of them because I don't have them anymore, so it may be more difficult to identify these, but...  A long time ago I had these large partly animatronic toys of a Komodo dragon and a rhino (probably like a foot long at least, possibly two feet in the case of the Komodo dragon).  They were like partly hard plastic and partly stretchy rubber stuff with mechanical pieces inside, and they each had a button you would push on their back.  The rhino would stomp its foot and growl, the Komodo dragon would move its mouth and make this chewing noise like it was devouring prey (I don't remember if its legs moved or not).  I don't even know for sure they were the same brand as each other, though I figure it's likely they were (pretty sure I found them both at the same garage sale or flee market)...

Just curious if anyone had any idea what they might've been, since I can't seem to find anything about these so far.  Could they have been Nihon Auto Toy?

NSD Bashe

I finally found the answer to my own question, the large electronic Komodo dragon and rhino were made by Wow-Wee/Animal Planet

NSD Bashe

Just curious if anyone has a clue what company made this boxfish?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Dan11Nil7Vs/TELeKVIYBpI/AAAAAAAA71w/YJ9POka7K8U/s400/010-box-fish-yellow-blue-f1945.jpg

only place I've seen this listed is at the seemingly now defunct Tapir and Friends Animal Store, and for some reason posting the link to the actual page just causes it to reroute to its main page, though at least the image link works

turtlelover

Found an amazingly realistic looking (to me) sea turtle figure. This was at a humpback whale museum and the volunteers there could not tell me anything about where they came from. They are quite large and heavy -- probably 15-18" across. Only text I saw on the underside was a "Made in China" stamp. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these or who the manufacturer is?

bmathison1972

Quote from: turtlelover on April 21, 2023, 04:33:00 AMFound an amazingly realistic looking (to me) sea turtle figure. This was at a humpback whale museum and the volunteers there could not tell me anything about where they came from. They are quite large and heavy -- probably 15-18" across. Only text I saw on the underside was a "Made in China" stamp. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these or who the manufacturer is?

@turtlelover - I suspect it is a knockoff of the large AAA hawksbill sea turtle. Chinese knockoffs are becoming increasingly common in US museums and zoos. I have seen several Safari IC knockoffs at the aquariums in Chicago and here in Utah, for example. They often have much better paint jobs than the originals!

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 21, 2023, 11:46:18 AM
Quote from: turtlelover on April 21, 2023, 04:33:00 AMFound an amazingly realistic looking (to me) sea turtle figure. This was at a humpback whale museum and the volunteers there could not tell me anything about where they came from. They are quite large and heavy -- probably 15-18" across. Only text I saw on the underside was a "Made in China" stamp. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these or who the manufacturer is?

@turtlelover - I suspect it is a knockoff of the large AAA hawksbill sea turtle. Chinese knockoffs are becoming increasingly common in US museums and zoos. I have seen several Safari IC knockoffs at the aquariums in Chicago and here in Utah, for example. They often have much better paint jobs than the originals!
idk how to feel. on one hand they're improved on the originals and on the other, its supporting these bootleg conpanies