News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA’s capybara is based on a real capybara

Started by SAgirl2004, August 07, 2024, 04:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAgirl2004

I was on STS Forums earlier and I found out that CollectA modeled their capybara after a real capybara!
I'm a huge fan of South American wildlife.

EpicRaptorMan

It could be a mere coincidence. I mean I am sure every single adult capybara in existence has at some point made this pose while walking.

That being said, it's not surprising either as companies often only use a handful of photos for references, but sometimes just one reference photo is the best

Saarlooswolfhound

I hope they are using references when doing their sculpting.  ::) Over on STS there's a number of these kinds of examples.

SAgirl2004

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 07, 2024, 08:23:29 PMI hope they are using references when doing their sculpting.  ::) Over on STS there's a number of these kinds of examples.
Same here. That could explain why their models are so realistic. Also, I follow STS.
I'm a huge fan of South American wildlife.

bmathison1972

@SAgirl2004 - I see you are using Postimages. It looks like you are clicking 'thumbnails for forums'. If you click 'hotlinks for forums' the images will appear much larger in the forum post (and easier for viewers to appreciate) :-)