News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

A Bootleg Version of the 2013 Mojö Fun Tamandua?

Started by SAgirl2004, May 24, 2024, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAgirl2004

I used to own the recently-retired tamandua from Mojö Fun, but I sold him a few years ago. Shortly after his retirement, I found what I believe is a bootleg of this model. It's the same sculpt, but the paint job is rather sloppy, especially over the eyes. Originally, I found this perceived bootleg on Amazon, but today, I found it on Walmart's website. Attached are images of the bootleg from Walmart's website, compared to the original.
I'm a huge fan of South American wildlife.

sbell

Not surprised. There's a lot of recasts on AliExpress of good figures by several popular makers. And they're starting to make their way into regular stores.

EpicRaptorMan

I have this one. I repainted it to be more accurate. I'm happy with it.

Sim

It looks like it is a bootleg, although Mojo reissued their tamandua with a different paintjob, it can be seen here: https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Mojo_381041_Tamandua