News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Oryx (gemsbok): Papo or Schleich ?

Started by Aeglil, May 22, 2024, 04:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeglil

To make my scimitar-horned oryx feel less alone, I decided to acquire a gemsbok.

Which model to choose? Papo's or Schleich's?
Papo's seems better sculpted to me, but Schleich's paintjob seems more realistic as far as I am concerned.
What a dilemma.

Which one do you prefer?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Aeglil on May 22, 2024, 04:47:59 PMTo make my scimitar-horned oryx feel less alone, I decided to acquire a gemsbok.

Papo's seems better sculpted to me, but Schleich's paintjob seems more realistic as far as I am concerned.
What a dilemma.

Which one do you prefer?

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. I like Papo's sculpt and posture better, too. But the Schleich has the more accurate paint job. Personally, I would vote for Schleich's overall!

Aeglil

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 22, 2024, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: Aeglil on May 22, 2024, 04:47:59 PMTo make my scimitar-horned oryx feel less alone, I decided to acquire a gemsbok.

What a dilemma.

Which one do you prefer?

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. I like Papo's sculpt and posture better, too. But the Schleich has the more accurate paint job. Personally, I would vote for Schleich's overall!

Thank you for your expert advice, bmathison1972. Thanks to you I was able to make my choice.  8)