News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Toymany idea of making products.

Started by Kenc, May 17, 2024, 03:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

clownfish,sailfish, sawfish, seahorse and cownose ray??

SerAndrew

Well, that's what I was talking about, figures will probably be quite good, but those species are already there. I won't be so difficult to do a batray (or any other ray) instead of the cownose, for example.
And about the big scale fishes, I'm not interested but that's only because of my collection taste and interests, so I cannot complain there.
In any case, good sculpts and so good that we are heard as a source of inspiration.

Again, please, consider coati, jaguarundi, coati, binturong, coati, fossa, coati, more civets, coati, ...
(OK, I do want a coati xD )

Ultrazilla2054

Is that an Beluga whale in the back?

Saarlooswolfhound

Sim

Quote from: sbell on May 28, 2024, 03:15:19 AM
Quote from: Kenc on May 28, 2024, 02:16:22 AM[...]
Fish is a good suggestion, I've seen the one @sbell sbell posted, it's beautiful, the paint colors are vibrant and the size is a bit bigger, it's a good challenge
[...]
But if fish are something you'd be intrigued with, I have some experience with freshwater (and other) fish models and the development of their sets. I would be glad to share what I know one-on-one (I don't want to hijack a thread here!) but there are some lists and potentials that have a lot of possibility
There's a freshwater fish I'd be very interested in having from Toymany, it's an electric eel.  Electric eels are fascinating and surely one of the most famous freshwater fish, yet there isn't a plastic toy of it!  I hope you can consider it @Kenc!

sbell

Quote from: Sim on June 02, 2024, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: sbell on May 28, 2024, 03:15:19 AM
Quote from: Kenc on May 28, 2024, 02:16:22 AM[...]
Fish is a good suggestion, I've seen the one @sbell sbell posted, it's beautiful, the paint colors are vibrant and the size is a bit bigger, it's a good challenge
[...]
But if fish are something you'd be intrigued with, I have some experience with freshwater (and other) fish models and the development of their sets. I would be glad to share what I know one-on-one (I don't want to hijack a thread here!) but there are some lists and potentials that have a lot of possibility
There's a freshwater fish I'd be very interested in having from Toymany, it's an electric eel.  Electric eels are fascinating and surely one of the most famous freshwater fish, yet there isn't a plastic toy of it!  I hope you can consider it @Kenc!

Absolutely agree, fish like that should have readily accessible figures.

There are two existing figures though. One is from Takara (a jointed figure that I literally just reviewed, but I know that's not your thing), and one small one from Kaiyodo Aquatales, which is of course quite small. And not always easy to find.

So there's definitely a place for a broad market one from Toymany

EpicRaptorMan

Yeah a good sized and quality Electric Eel would be nice.

Kenc

UPDATE: Brings some new looks and varieties, including the The last image is a concept product, Pufferfish. What do you guys think of these new looks? ;D

iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrD2E5RxxtgQTgZJ5M86ri8AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD8Fk.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrDMfsV1mHwTlAZJ5MxpqlAAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAC-AY.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrB3byMDOU6vgAZJ5Mji8_IAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD7tE.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrCAHxSxyq-dzQZJ5Mgi948AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD1fo.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEdAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrA40h5znbxi3AZJ5MsGme0AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD4lI.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEeAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrDjAw3755bNpgZJ5M0u9hsAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD3_M.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEeAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrCrSOihv7sQngZJ5MnTE9wAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAEAf0.jpg_720x720q90.jpg

Pufferfish:
1.jpg
2.jpg

sbell

I really like the variety of baboons.

The puffer also looks really good, can't wait to see other fish!

Saarlooswolfhound

These all look great! And a nice puffed up puffer too.

JimoAi

Quote from: Kenc on June 04, 2024, 03:50:39 AMUPDATE: Brings some new looks and varieties, including the The last image is a concept product, Pufferfish. What do you guys think of these new looks? ;D

iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrD2E5RxxtgQTgZJ5M86ri8AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD8Fk.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrDMfsV1mHwTlAZJ5MxpqlAAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAC-AY.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrB3byMDOU6vgAZJ5Mji8_IAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD7tE.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrCAHxSxyq-dzQZJ5Mgi948AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD1fo.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEdAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrA40h5znbxi3AZJ5MsGme0AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD4lI.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEeAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrDjAw3755bNpgZJ5M0u9hsAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAD3_M.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEeAqNqcGcDAQTRBJ4F0QN2BrCrSOihv7sQngZJ5MnTE9wAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAEAf0.jpg_720x720q90.jpg

Pufferfish:
1.jpg
2.jpg

@bmathison1972 the puffer looks unique

bmathison1972

The only thing I don't like about the primate set is waiting to get it!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ^-^  ;)  O:-)

@JimoAi - with regards to the uniqueness of the puffer, not sure that can be determined by a partial look of an unfinished product. But, we shall see.

Kenc

Update: The male proboscis monkey, which is endemic to the island of Borneo in Southeast Asia, is one of the largest monkey species native to Asia. Only the Tibetan macaque and a few gray langurs can match its size. Males have a large or proboscis, which can exceed 10.2 centimeters (4.0 in) in length, and hangs below the mouth. Theories of longer nose length suggest that this may be a sexual choice for females, who prefer louder vocalizations, and that the size of the nose increases the volume of the call.
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrAuWTGcmDry-gZWtacmXMsAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gACkcE.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrCgOk2ZLulgngZWtaXwL2IAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gADaPY.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRA8EF0QUABrAh8m6ybh8IYwZWtaapBzMAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gACydo.jpg_720x720q90.jpg

Kenc

A5CD8809-B213-4228-BC58-2D5BC8E1C2D5.png

The set would be at 14 pieces with an attached tree equaling 15 pieces. It will be colored in the next month, I'll try to get to the factory to be able to take pictures of the coloring process for you, I know a lot of you are curious  ^-^

Saarlooswolfhound

I think we would all LOVE to see a behind the scenes of the coloration process. This proboscis monkey looks amazing, each hair striation is so carefully done.

As a side note, I usually am not one for scenery like pieces anymore, but 1) I did really enjoy them as a kid and still have a lot of them but 2) in your sets I REALLY enjoy them because they serve a purpose; like for that resting jaguar with its leg hanging down. They are really an amazing integration to the set as a whole.

EpicRaptorMan

If Toymany keeps this up I'll have to get a second job for my collection

SerAndrew

NSD Bashe

Late to this but this is an epic thread, and I as well am super excited for the fishes being made here, incredible   :D

JimoAi

I'll fill the form when I have time but some species i'ld like to see

Saltwater crocodile

Electric eel

piraiba

Greenland shark

risso's dolphin

giant guitarfish

leopard whipray

Kenc

Animals waiting to be colored
Like a dumpling lol....
Toymany animal figurines production process.png

And white tiger!

iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRDAAF0RAABrDp6wUSdpH80gatU9wV1MgAB9IU5cKrCAAJomltCgEL0gBQMgc.jpg_720x720q90.jpg