News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Toymany idea of making products.

Started by Kenc, May 17, 2024, 03:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenc

Hello everyone, after a few years of development now Toymany is much bigger with its own professional designers, engravers, factory, special molds, and branded website. In this thread, I will share with you our idea of making products!

The picture I just took is of our designer carving an Arabian baboon. Scientific name Papio hamadryas.

iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRFlAF0RC8BrAi32XD4rAzXQYyqC6woBAAB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAuCtY.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRFlAF0RC8BrB_lftKeH2uOAYyqC-cW10AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgAL0gAuOIo.jpg_720x720q90.jpg
iwEcAqNqcGcDAQTRFlAF0RC8BrCwaiwjqwMtNAYyqDDgkI8AB9JvsUJNCAAJomltCgEL0gBTc2U.jpg_720x720q90.jpg

EpicRaptorMan

My first complaint is that I'm not a fan of having to buy sets. I understand it might not be feasible for you guys to sell individual items, but there are a handful of figures that I've had to turn down just because I didn't want to go through the hassle or cost of purchasing the entire set.

That being said I would love a male hooded seal

Saarlooswolfhound

If I may, being a canine collector I would love a set exploring various wild canine species (dhole, tibetan fox, short eared dog, bush dog, coyote, dingo, african wild dog, just to name a few).

A set of recently extinct animals would be neat also! The following again are some suggestions but not all inclusive by any means:thylacine, dodo, passenger pigeon, carolina parakeet, chinese paddlefish, yangtze river dolphin, spix macaw, northern white rhino, quagga, pyrenean ibex, golden toad, po'ouli, madeiran white butterfly, tecopa pupfish, falkland islands wolf, caspian tiger, round island burrowing boa, dutch alcon blue butterfly, schomburgk's deer...

That baboon is gorgeous, well done and can't wait to see it release! 

Kenc

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on May 17, 2024, 03:44:57 AMMy first complaint is that I'm not a fan of having to buy sets. I understand it might not be feasible for you guys to sell individual items, but there are a handful of figures that I've had to turn down just because I didn't want to go through the hassle or cost of purchasing the entire set.

Hello, our website already has a single product for sale, welcome to our website!

Kenc

This is the image I took when I went to the factory in March, there are many processes from finalizing an idea to realizing the finished product! There's design, material selection, carving, custom molding, painting, and many more.

Here's a picture of Narwhal being dried from the coloring process.
igElAqNwbmcDAQTNBgAFzQgABtoAI4QBpCEDAp4CqlY2qdh03dCxuTgDzwAAAY-Ecx17BM4AEJpaB85h4Y4DCAAKBAvOAFMw8Q.png_720x720q90.jpg
igElAqNwbmcDAQTNBgAFzQgABtoAI4QBpCEDAp4Cqteybypdx08H89gDzwAAAY-Ecx17BM4AEJpZB85h4Y4DCAAKBAvOADmywA.png_720x720q90.jpg

Sim

I read in your introduction thread that your designer is thinking of making more birds.  I'm very happy to hear that, I like birds a lot!  In addition to the black swan and Eurasian goshawk, I have a few other favourites I'd love to have from you!:

1. Rose-ringed parakeet.  It's the only wild parrot found in the UK, where I live.
2. Common wood pigeon.  I love this species!  While walking today I passed by a house which has a nest of this species.  There was one pigeon inside, looking out.  There's no figure of this species.
3. Ural owl.  It's such a nice species!

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Kenc on May 17, 2024, 04:00:55 AM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on May 17, 2024, 03:44:57 AMMy first complaint is that I'm not a fan of having to buy sets. I understand it might not be feasible for you guys to sell individual items, but there are a handful of figures that I've had to turn down just because I didn't want to go through the hassle or cost of purchasing the entire set.

Hello, our website already has a single product for sale, welcome to our website!
Really!? I did not know that. I just see your stuff on Amazon which all come as sets. I'll definitely go look!!!

I have a short list of things that I've really been looking for that other companies have yet to make:
- Male hooded seal
- Gerenuk (probably on hind legs with a base). ♂️♀️options would be nice.
- Lionfish
- Saddle-billed Stork
- Great Hornbill
- Spectacled Bear
& I saw on the website there was a blue-spotted stingray which looks great but the size is a bit small. Not sure how feasible it would be for you guys make a more "standard-sized" version. And I'm really looking forward to the Gelada I saw being sculpted on the previous thread.

Quality and reasonable "standard size" is what's the most important to me.

Sim

I did not know what a gerenuk was.  I'm a bit shocked by this species...

I too would like a great hornbill.  I'm sure Toymany would make an excellent one!

doggoswoofwoof

Hello!! I am a massive toymany fan and I currently have all of your available big cats with the exception of the cougar that comes in the North American set. Your lion set is my absolute favorite of your products and I was wondering if you would consider making the lion set in a white lion variation and the white tiger set in a orange tiger variation. For the tiger and cub that have already released in Orange perhaps you could include them in this new set with a golden Tabby or pseudomelanistic variation? As far as I can find the only mass produced golden tabby tiger figurine was only sold in gotcha machines in Japan. (I am lucky enough to have it!)
I would also adore a fox set with a silver fox, gray fox, some kind of South American Zorro, and/or bat-eared Fox. I would also love some weasels by you guys especially an American Marten.
I would also absolutely adore a bearded vulture in a vulture or bird of prey set. A spectacled bear or extinct cave lion (or just more ice age animals in general) would also be amazing!

doggoswoofwoof

Sorry for not including this in my last message but I was wondering if you plan to offer wholesale to retail stores so people can buy them in person?

Kenc

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on May 17, 2024, 07:00:39 PM
Quote from: Kenc on May 17, 2024, 04:00:55 AM

Really!? I did not know that. I just see your stuff on Amazon which all come as sets. I'll definitely go look!!!

I have a short list of things that I've really been looking for that other companies have yet to make:
- Male hooded seal
- Gerenuk (probably on hind legs with a base). ♂️♀️options would be nice.
- Lionfish
- Saddle-billed Stork
- Great Hornbill
- Spectacled Bear
& I saw on the website there was a blue-spotted stingray which looks great but the size is a bit small. Not sure how feasible it would be for you guys make a more "standard-sized" version. And I'm really looking forward to the Gelada I saw being sculpted on the previous thread.

Quality and reasonable "standard size" is what's the most important to me.
We've been receiving numerous requests for Great Hornbills lately, and I've made sure to convey these to our designers. While our team has previously crafted an impressive array of bird sculptures such as toucans, ostriches, whooping cranes, owls, puffins, kookaburras, flamingos, and pelicans, our designers have recently been focused on creating a series of apes and monkeys.  I'll be sure to share our progress in this thread once we begin working on the Great Hornbill!

Kenc

Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2024, 07:51:37 PMI did not know what a gerenuk was.  I'm a bit shocked by this species...

I too would like a great hornbill.  I'm sure Toymany would make an excellent one!
We've been receiving numerous requests for Great Hornbills lately, and I've made sure to convey these to our designers. While our team has previously crafted an impressive array of bird sculptures such as toucans, ostriches, whooping cranes, owls, puffins, kookaburras, flamingos, and pelicans, our designers have recently been focused on creating a series of apes and monkeys.  I'll be sure to share our progress in this thread once we begin working on the Great Hornbill!

Kenc

EpicRaptorMan

Yea that baboon is looking really good.

Ultrazilla2054

Since everyone else is I wanna list some animals that almost are never represented in toy form:
1: False Killer Whale
2: Pygmy Right Whale
3: Greenland Shark
4: any beaked whale
5: Fin Whale
6: Rough Toothed Dolphin

Note: also it seems on your website the whale labeled "north Pacific Right whale" Represents a Bowhead whale

EpicRaptorMan

Yeah speaking of cetaceans I would love a good Commerson's Dolphin & Southern Right Whale Dolphin

Kenc

Quote from: Ultrazilla2054 on May 18, 2024, 06:35:05 AMSince everyone else is I wanna list some animals that almost are never represented in toy form:
1: False Killer Whale
2: Pygmy Right Whale
3: Greenland Shark
4: any beaked whale
5: Fin Whale
6: Rough Toothed Dolphin

Note: also it seems on your website the whale labeled "north Pacific Right whale" Represents a Bowhead whale
Thank you for pointing out the error! Upon review, you are correct and it is indeed Bowhead whale. we will make the correction by next Monday. As a thank you, I have sent you a private message. Please provide me with your email address and I will send you a discount code valid for one year that you can use to purchase our products. In addition, I will send you a large discount code when the next new product goes live. Thank you for your support!

Kenc

Kenc

Quote from: doggoswoofwoof on May 17, 2024, 11:37:49 PMSorry for not including this in my last message but I was wondering if you plan to offer wholesale to retail stores so people can buy them in person?
Hello, may I ask what country you are in? Do you mean you want to be our retailer or you want to buy our products offline?

JimoAi

I'm not too sure if it's very feasible but I would like to see a revision of the thresher shark. the current anatomical errors are the missing 5th gill slit, anal fin and second dorsal fin but if you look past that it's a really nice model so just redoing the existing model and adding the existing features is good enough if the cost of retooling a current mold is cheaper than making a new sculpt. Haolonggood has done it with their Ouranosaurus figure which was initially missing a thumb spike and would be a great suggestion if you want to revisit older species