News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Crested Newt (Safari Ltd. - The Tennessee Aquarium Collection)

Started by brontodocus, January 29, 2013, 06:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Walk-around of the retired Safari Ltd. The Tennessee Aquarium Collection (Northern) Crested Newt, Triturus cristatus (Laurenti, 1768). Total length is 140 mm which is about the avarage length of an adult male, scale is approx. 1:1.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

postsaurischian

The Tennessee Aquarium Collection is such a wonderful series :D. It's a shame I don't have any of them at the moment!
Next to the Fire Salamander this is my favourite one.

Jetoar

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2013, 07:05:51 PM
The Tennessee Aquarium Collection is such a wonderful series :D. It's a shame I don't have any of them at the moment!
Next to the Fire Salamander this is my favourite one.

TTAC amphibians are amazing. I never have seen figures of newts and salamanders with these details, thanks for sharing again friend  ^-^!
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

animaltoyforum

Varanus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 29, 2013, 08:27:24 PM
Looks prehistoric - it's the sail-like crest ;)
I agree, like something out of the Silurian or Carboniferous. :)

brontodocus

stargatedalek

I really hope the rest of this series gets reissued alongside the mudpuppy some day, even if they're all glow in the dark.

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 05:07:04 PM
I really hope the rest of this series gets reissued alongside the mudpuppy some day, even if they're all glow in the dark.
Same here! :) Maybe Safari Ltd should really think about releasing them unpainted if the molds are still good.

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on February 07, 2017, 08:39:10 PM
Same here! :) Maybe Safari Ltd should really think about releasing them unpainted if the molds are still good.
I assume they are, since they've released two of them in glow in the dark form. Why the most recognizable of them sans the mudpuppy haven't been I can't fathom.

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 10:52:00 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on February 07, 2017, 08:39:10 PM
I assume they are, since they've released two of them in glow in the dark form. Why the most recognizable of them sans the mudpuppy haven't been I can't fathom.
On the other hand it's strange that only two of the TAC salamanders were released as part of the Translucents series - Mudpuppy and Yonahlossee Salamander - and the same two are now sold as glow-in-the-dark figures. But it seems none of the other sculpts have ever been released again. :-\

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on February 08, 2017, 07:39:55 AMOn the other hand it's strange that only two of the TAC salamanders were released as part of the Translucents series - Mudpuppy and Yonahlossee Salamander - and the same two are now sold as glow-in-the-dark figures. But it seems none of the other sculpts have ever been released again. :-\
Quite foreboding indeed, hopefully they still have those molds. :'(