Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Creating a SpongeBob SquarePants collection with their IRL counterparts

Started by JimoAi, January 02, 2024, 04:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Spongebob is arguably the most popular media to feature marine animals and as a huge SpongeBob fan, here's what I feel that would make a great list of some of the characters in the shoe. Would be prioritizing western companies to make it more accessible and scale is thrown out of the window as there's no way the characters in the show are to scale with one another.

SpongeBob:
Since there's no figure of any sea sponges that isn't him, your best bet is to get a good figure of him. There's plenty but the best ones are by Super7 or the nendoroid release if it's within your budget.

Patrick:
Either the Safari ltd or the Papo sea star. Note that you'll need to paint it a pink colour as there isn't any pink starfish figures available to my knowledge

Squidward:
The Safari LTD 2016 Octopus which has very similar colours to him. He's based on a Giant Pacific octopus so if you want accuracy, the Safari LTD IC figure is the best bet.

Mr Krabs:
Am unsure of the species he's based on, definitely not a red ghost crab as Mr krabs is fully aquatic. Heard he may be a crab in the cancer genus so the Papo 2020 Crab is the best bet

Plankton:
Currently no figure of one is made so I'm not too sure except some plankton figures that are based on the show?

Gary:
Not many sea snail figures either but the Cowrie from the Safari ltd toob may be the best bet

Pearl:
She's a Sperm whale so the best bet is either the retired MBA or the 2019 Safari ltd figure

Mrs Puff:
The Safari LTD IC figure

Now onto the minor characters:

Larry the lobster:
He is without question an American lobster so the CollectA figure I'd the best bet

Jellyfish:
The Safari ltd IC pink jellyfish or the Good luck minis work

Fred(My leg guy):
the wiki states he's a grouper but alright so the Safari ltd Goliath grouper

Bubble bass:
Not sure what exact bass is he but I guess the Safari ltd largemouth bass works

The drill sergeant from the episode which Mrs puff got fired:
Wiki states he's a goblin shark so the CollectA figure is the best bet

Tylosaurus from the lost an found episode:
Either the Safari or the PNSO figures. Heck it's the first pop culture media depicting a mosasaur with the tail fluke that I'm aware of

Gwangi

Makes me think of this picture I've seen floating around on social media for a few years. Also, you forgot Sandy. ;)