News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Help identify these sea stars (echinoderms)

Started by EpicRaptorMan, September 29, 2023, 04:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

I'm looking to add a couple of sea stars to the collection. Ideally I'd like to find a spiny sunstar or the elusive brittle sea star, but what about these? Can't come up with anything concrete.

Image 1: Icon Sea Star – Iconaster longimanus
Image 2: Edmond's Sea Star – Anthenea edmondi
Image 3:

NSD Bashe

You're right those are hard to find, there is a Yowie sunstar, which is findable, but the brittlestar is a bit tricky.  The main ones I know are the Discovery Channel Store (or DCS) model, the Imaginext model and the Boley Nature World model (which I am still on the hunt for myself) - these are a bit more of a challenge to find at the moment, and if size is a concern for you I will say the DCS one is a lot bigger than the Imaginext one, and the latter is much less detailed than the former.  Boley I am not positive the size compared to the others although that and the Imaginext one at least are featured on the Toy Animal Wiki