News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Phylogenetic reassessment results in 6 species of reindeer (Rangifer)

Started by bmathison1972, June 10, 2023, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Interesting. I'll have to read it when I get the chance. Looks like it may mean that we have to reconsider our reindeer collections.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on June 10, 2023, 02:20:31 PMInteresting. I'll have to read it when I get the chance. Looks like it may mean that we have to reconsider our reindeer collections.

yes, with the restricted range of the woodland caribou to NE Canada, it gives more options for species  8)  C:-) especially from European companies that probably produced European populations

Saarlooswolfhound

I will have to read it too. This is a species that has always been a bit confusing to me where you draw the lines... I have like 3 reviews for it so they may need to be reworked afterall. :D

bmathison1972

I don't think we need to re-do Blog reviews. And I would keep the nomenclature on the Blog the old way anyway for the time being, just for ease of information retrieval. However, if you think the name of a reindeer has changed, we can add a new paragraph with an 'EDIT' notice so readers know(?)