Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Collecta Goblin shark opinions?

Started by andrewsaurus, May 30, 2023, 04:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus

I've only seen Collecta's pre pro pics of this figure.  Has anyone seen the actual figure?  If so, opinions of it?

JimoAi

@Gwangi is reviewing it on the blog eventually so maybe then you can have a solid opinion of the figure? overall it's a very nice figure with imo the best paint scheme of all goblin shark figures. only draw backs are the large size compared to other shark figures (Schleich Great white, Papo whale shark) and the teeth which are enlarged and blunted out

NSD Bashe

I think it's really cool but I don't really care about size, in fact I like large models, and I love the dramatic toothy pose

andrewsaurus

thanks for the replies!

it's a nice looking figure.   I like the size.  However, the body looks too rigid/firm, not squishy like the real shark's.  And the lateral line is too pronounced.  The teeth are a bit goofy too.  However, overall it's a good figure and i'd give it a 7/10 without having seen it in person yet.

Gwangi

I don't have the figure but will definitely be getting (and reviewing) it. Offhand I agree with your assessment, it does come off as a bit stiff. A bit of movement incorporated into the sculpt would have been nice. And yeah, the teeth are a bit large and blunt. Still a must have figure though, at least for me.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would have loved a goblin shark with its mouth "pulled in".

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on May 30, 2023, 02:14:28 PMI don't have the figure but will definitely be getting (and reviewing) it. Offhand I agree with your assessment, it does come off as a bit stiff. A bit of movement incorporated into the sculpt would have been nice. And yeah, the teeth are a bit large and blunt. Still a must have figure though, at least for me.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would have loved a goblin shark with its mouth "pulled in".

The only closed -mouth goblin shark figures are from Japan. Of course.

As I have the figure, I can confirm that it's awesome if a little big. Still not the largest one I have though...

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on May 30, 2023, 11:54:55 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 30, 2023, 02:14:28 PMI don't have the figure but will definitely be getting (and reviewing) it. Offhand I agree with your assessment, it does come off as a bit stiff. A bit of movement incorporated into the sculpt would have been nice. And yeah, the teeth are a bit large and blunt. Still a must have figure though, at least for me.

As I have the figure, I can confirm that it's awesome if a little big. Still not the largest one I have though...

Of course.  ::)

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on May 31, 2023, 12:01:45 AM
Quote from: sbell on May 30, 2023, 11:54:55 PM

Of course.  ::)

They also make one that's eating prey... I don't think I have one of those

SerAndrew

I actually like the figure, and the species.
The japanese ones were not ok (in terms of size, realisms, ...) for me so I didn't had any.

Besides, I was always joking with a friend saying that "next year CollectA's goblin shark", even before it was announced (we also did it in 2022), so it was funny when they showed it.

Teeth are indeed meh. Wondering if they can be sharpened...