News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, February 08, 2023, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerAndrew

I think they will all be quite downgraded once in hand. PNSO extant animals are like that...

bmathison1972

Quote from: SerAndrew on August 28, 2023, 03:21:02 PMI think they will all be quite downgraded once in hand. PNSO extant animals are like that...

I have several PNSO small extant animals, and their quality in the final product holds up just fine.

SerAndrew

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 28, 2023, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: SerAndrew on August 28, 2023, 03:21:02 PMI think they will all be quite downgraded once in hand. PNSO extant animals are like that...

I have several PNSO small extant animals, and their quality in the final product holds up just fine.

Yes, me too. And in most cases they are not even close to the promo pic. It's not something of the extant line, but I think more related to the size and material. But if these are like their dinos...

Also, let's see what is the final size of these announced figures.

And, it's a bit weird that they have not been announced in IG, so this should be a leak or a fake, but too elaborated.

bmathison1972

My guess is they will be the size of their African animals. If so, I am sure I'll get the Antarctic fur seal, crabeater seal, and maybe Sika deer.

Shane

The poses and musculature on a lot of these are...odd to say the least. Some of them almost have the look of preserved specimens.

I'm also not really sure why PNSO is so committed to having the eye of their sperm whale figures be so obviously in the wrong place.

But that blue whale looks very nice.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 28, 2023, 03:32:32 PMMy guess is they will be the size of their African animals. If so, I am sure I'll get the Antarctic fur seal, crabeater seal, and maybe Sika deer.

Those are the exact ones that caught my
eye. Kinda like the walrus too but I have one already. Most of the rest are really weird in their shape and proportions.

SerAndrew

Depending on size I can be interested in several of them, even to replace current figures: crabeater and fur seals, chinese pangolin, mountain goat, komodo dragon, narwhal, blue whale...

bmathison1972

I thought about replacing my Chinese pangolin, but I like the charm of the Naturalism figure, so I'll probably keep it.

Oh, and I'll probably get the pygmy sloth, too (forgot that one is new for me, too)

Gwangi

Fire salamander looks good too but I know
Schleich has one coming. Will need to compare.

Isidro

Fabulous news! Would love to know the exact size of each figure, because depending on that I would love to acquire some of them. Many figures have much better proportions than western brand counterparts, see for example the mountain goat horns, that nobody did good before. The Canadian lynx is also the best done lynx in proportions, detail, texture, etc ever in any brand.

Saarlooswolfhound

This is exciting but not good news for my wallet. :face:

Some of  the models look wonky... some look great. For me the antarctic fur seal, camel, brown bear, pangolin, crab eater seal, salamander, wolf, humpback, komodo, lynx, mountain goat, narwhal, orca, sloth, fox, sheep, sika, sperm whale, and walrus look good. Probably won't get all if those though. For me the puffin, bison, squid, dolphin, white shark, manta, hammerhead, horse, and pig look too odd. There are a few that you can't see much of either to make a determination like the blue whale and whale shark.

I like that they tried to make these animals with movement, theres just a few that didn't turn out well. Can't wait to see them in person!

Gwangi

The poses on some of these remind me of how John James Audubon would pose dead specimens to use as reference for his illustrations. The results were often interesting. Makes ya wonder what PNSO is up to. lol

NSD Bashe

Whoa that's a lot to come out at once after a period of one tyrannosaurid every month or two  :o

stargatedalek

What a lovely surprise! New puffins are always welcome.

BlueKrono

Wow, PNSO really coming out swinging on these extant animals! The sculpts are exceptional, but the species choices are pretty standard. The only one I'll be buying is the crabeater seal. It's a lobodont seal that hopefully can stem my desire for the Happy Kin Weddell seal, which I've never found for sale.
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

The crabeater seal, antarctic fur seal, and fire salamander (if small enough) have my attention.

But something is telling me that they're tiny.

bmathison1972

If they are like the African animals, probably 6-10 cm on average

EpicRaptorMan

I have PNSO Thompsons gazelle. I actually removed it from the collection because I believed that it outshined everything else. I still have it. It's just in storage. And that's a good size for the species.

I mainly interested in the two seals. Even if I feel that I have plenty of pinnipeds already  O:-)

SerAndrew

What is weird is that they have not been announced in their social media or main webpage, so these should be a leak. Probably for they will reveal them one by one as with the dinos?

bmathison1972

added Yangchuanosaurus to the first post.