News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

The little ankylosaur is cute.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: JimoAi on August 20, 2023, 05:16:13 AM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 20, 2023, 04:29:29 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on August 18, 2023, 01:54:10 PMngl I genuinely feel Shane deserves a raise for always being objective when explaining the Safari distribution to everyone here
Would be pretty bad if an employee didn't openly defend the company ngl

I don't understand your point at all
They work for the company. They sign the paychecks so I understand why they feel a need to be defensive over complaints or concerns.

sphyrna18

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 21, 2023, 01:37:10 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on August 20, 2023, 05:16:13 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on August 18, 2023, 01:54:10 PMngl I genuinely feel Shane deserves a raise for always being objective when explaining the Safari distribution to everyone here

I don't understand your point at all
They work for the company. They sign the paychecks so I understand why they feel a need to be defensive over complaints or concerns.

OR maybe because the complaints are 1. Not part of his job or something he has any control over, and 2. really pretty petty, ngl.

Let's face it, this thread has been hijacked by "why don't Safari products show up when I want them to in my country and why won't Safari ship directly to me???..."  As I've stated, that is a licensing and distribution issue.  Take it up with the EU distributor.  Take it up with the United States Postal Service / US Congress, as they set the postage rates.  Stop harassing an employee of the company.  He obviously does something with product development, thus he has no say or input or ability to change any of the things people are complaining about.  CollectA has not been available in the US writ large since 2016.  If I want to complain about that, I need to contact Reeves International, the US distributor, not some random employee at CollectA.  This is true as a former retailer of CollectA, who lost that revenue stream without any form of notice, and as a collector.

As an online retailer of Safari products who does offer international shipping, I say this:  the products are quite available to you if you are willing to pay the shipping and associated fees.  The fact that everyone acts as though the only place to get Safari products is from Safari themselves is beyond me, since Safari is still, first and foremost, a wholesaler.  For the longest time they didn't even offer direct retail sales - their bread and butter is, as far as I know, still their wholesale distribution.  If you want to support Safari, support the retailers that carry their products.

Can we please return to talking about the 2023 additions?

Saarlooswolfhound

Getting back to the '23 additions, I am excited about almost every single one. Even the models that may not be for me or my collection curation, I know people who will love those items and know there is a market for it. I am glad to see a pulse in Safari, and a rather vibrant one at that.

@Shane, if I may address you directly; do you know how many of these are projects that were delayed by covid complications? Do you know if there are any more delayed sculpts that will be released in the next few years? I am just curious about that aspect of production, nothing more. ;)

Shane

Wanna be absolutely 100% clear, engaging with this forum is absolutely not part of my job at all and I am under no professional obligation to be here.

Shane

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 21, 2023, 06:12:23 AM@Shane, if I may address you directly; do you know how many of these are projects that were delayed by covid complications? Do you know if there are any more delayed sculpts that will be released in the next few years? I am just curious about that aspect of production, nothing more. ;)

Without getting too specific, roughly a half dozen or so items from this year were wrapped up in the COVID delay. There are still a few things that were in development that don't have an available slot yet, but I don't have an exact number available.

Saarlooswolfhound

Thank you Shane, that is plenty good enough info. I was simply curious is all. :)

JimoAi

wonder what surprises there will be this week

Saarlooswolfhound

I am hoping for some farmlife reveals but I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be any... :'(

Shane

The rest of the reveals for 2023 will likely be dropping pretty rapid fire today.

These are more teasers (though they will show the full item). They're being unveiled on social channels, but the full photo gallery and product pages will come at a later time.

JimoAi

I guess the glow in the dark dragon is new?

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on August 25, 2023, 03:05:35 PMI guess the glow in the dark dragon is new?

It's a new figure but it's based on the Safari Cave Dragon figure, which I believe was discontinued in 2019 or so.

JimoAi

baby brachiosaurus! wonder if repaint or new sculpt

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on August 25, 2023, 04:28:30 PMbaby brachiosaurus! wonder if repaint or new sculpt

Not sure why there was no image posted on Twitter, but there is one on Instagram.

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: JimoAi on August 25, 2023, 04:28:30 PMbaby brachiosaurus! wonder if repaint or new sculpt
Its a repaint, they are definitely getting use of these molds. I had these models as a young'un! It looks nice in red and yellow. :D

bmathison1972

...and a couple Good Luck Minis: axolotl and blue crab

Gwangi

Not gonna lie, I love that we're getting a mini blue crab. I think I'll need to buy a bulk bag of them. Hopefully this means we're one step closer to a Chesapeake Bay TOOB.  O:-)

NSD Bashe

Kinda cool if they have a full size axolotl and mini axolotl to go with their full size tuatara and mini tuatara

JimoAi

therizinosaurus announced

EpicRaptorMan

From what I can tell the Therizinosaurus actually looks really good.