News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 27, 2023, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

bmathison1972

@Shane - there is a lot of 'coming soon' on your site  ;) . Any idea how soon for some?

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 17, 2023, 05:44:29 PM@Shane - there is a lot of 'coming soon' on your site  ;) . Any idea how soon for some?

Some of them (approx. 3 or so items) should be in stock very soon.

I would expect another handful (approx. half a dozen) to be arriving around Oct/Nov if there are no unforeseen delays.

The remainders (ie. the most recent reveals), are a little harder to pin down, will be further out, potentially early next year.

**EDIT** speak of the devil, Mountain Lion and Party Dragon are currently in stock in the store.

JimoAi

Quote from: Shane on August 16, 2023, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on August 16, 2023, 06:00:48 PMafter this week's reveals, how many more weeks of reveals are left?

I'm not sure exactly when the rest of the reveals will happen, it depends on the availability of samples for photos, etc. but there are around a half a dozen or so items left to show for this year.

so including the stegouros and the 2 reveals tomorrow, I bet the last 3 or so would be next week which marks the last week of reveals for this year if I'm right

EpicRaptorMan

The unicorn seems out of the same quality as the Kentrosaurus. The Stegouros does look pretty good. Guess I'll be waiting for the next to tomorrow.

Quote from: Shane on August 16, 2023, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: sbell on August 16, 2023, 06:13:23 PMI haven't been there for a couple years. When I was, they had several Safari display units.. stocked with Papo and Schleich. I really hope they've fixed that.

So, this is why it can be kind of frustrating to be engaged and involved in this forum. I know your posts are not malicious, but during these discussions about the challenges of international shipping, with folks making points about how hard it is to find Safari in their respective regions, making a claim based on information from two years ago just unnecessarily fuels a fire of misinformation.
But you need to understand that Safari LTD needs to make a good first impression. For me, everytime I visited the site I had to have an order be minimum $25. So just to order one figure is impossible. Not sure they have changed that policy or not, but I eventually got to the point to where I stopped purchasing from their website directly and found the alternative sources.

Shane

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 17, 2023, 09:57:52 PMBut you need to understand that Safari LTD needs to make a good first impression. For me, everytime I visited the site I had to have an order be minimum $25. So just to order one figure is impossible. Not sure they have changed that policy or not, but I eventually got to the point to where I stopped purchasing from their website directly and found the alternative sources.

The mods requested this discussion stays focused on new Safari items.

Personally, I'm going to be commenting less (or not at all) on any Safari business practices, as 1) they are very rarely decisions made by me so I'm not the person to be explaining them anyway, and 2) it rarely leads to any productive dicsussions.

I'm happy to continue discussing Safari figures and offering insight into the toys themselves when appropriate, but I'm not going to delve into business decisions or the reasoning behind them in this forum.

JimoAi

ngl I genuinely feel Shane deserves a raise for always being objective when explaining the Safari distribution to everyone here

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on August 18, 2023, 01:54:10 PMngl I genuinely feel Shane deserves a raise for always being objective when explaining the Safari distribution to everyone here

I agree  ^-^ . Shane goes above and beyond explaining things that he has no real obligation to do so! I find his information very helpful and thoughtful. Unfortunately, the conversation here was devolving into negative criticisms of Safari's practices, even after Shane kindly explained the reasons for them.

No one is going to get every figure they want available in their own country. We all have various challenges.

This thread is devoted to Safari 2023 releases. If you all would like to discuss the challenges with acquiring figures and maybe shipping challenges, I suggest starting a new thread devoted to that topic, perhaps under 'Animal Toys (general)'. We welcome healthy, albeit respectful, discussions on the matter.

Thank you!

JimoAi

I wonder if there's going to be a reveal today

JimoAi

well it leaves with ABT 3 reveals and I presume next week is the last for this year?

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on August 18, 2023, 05:09:52 PMwell it leaves with ABT 3 reveals and I presume next week is the last for this year?

There are more than 3 items left to reveal for the year. I can't get too into details about how many and when, but it's more than 3.

Gwangi

Those TOOBs make me want a friendly monster TOOB based on cryptids, and a TOOB of the various alien races that have been reported (grays, Nordic, reptilian, Roswell etc.). 

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on August 18, 2023, 06:15:24 PMThose TOOBs make me want a friendly monster TOOB based on cryptids, and a TOOB of the various alien races that have been reported (grays, Nordic, reptilian, Roswell etc.). 

If these do well, who knows? Could start a whole series of "Friendlies".

Gwangi

Quote from: Shane on August 18, 2023, 06:19:05 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 18, 2023, 06:15:24 PMThose TOOBs make me want a friendly monster TOOB based on cryptids, and a TOOB of the various alien races that have been reported (grays, Nordic, reptilian, Roswell etc.). 

If these do well, who knows? Could start a whole series of "Friendlies".

The aliens don't have to be friendly though. I was thinking of something more like the old Shadow Box figures. But friendly styled ones could be appealing too.

bmathison1972

Very glad neither of these are animals I want LOL. I was hoping for a calmer 2024 and I am already purchasing more Safari this year than I have in a long time LOL LOL LOL
Luckily the Japanese companies haven't been too out of control as of late LOL

Saarlooswolfhound

Same Blaine! But I am THRILLED to see Safari roaring back!

These toobs aren't for me but I imagine they will be popular. If they a toob if classic "friendly" cryptids again (sasquatch, loch ness, moth man, etc.) I would buy several for myself and my nieces and nephews. :)

JimoAi

these toobs give me South Park imaginationland vibes

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: JimoAi on August 18, 2023, 01:54:10 PMngl I genuinely feel Shane deserves a raise for always being objective when explaining the Safari distribution to everyone here
Would be pretty bad if an employee didn't openly defend the company ngl

JimoAi

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on August 20, 2023, 04:29:29 AM
Would be pretty bad if an employee didn't openly defend the company ngl

I don't understand your point at all