News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The coral atoll collection

Started by JimoAi, January 13, 2023, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 10, 2023, 10:34:03 PMVery delightful update! You have loads of wonderful figurines!

Here a couple questions:

Quote from: JimoAi on February 10, 2023, 01:35:02 PM

What model did you choose for the many available ones for Komodo dragon? This one looks like very decent both in size and sculpt for me. I wanted the Safari LTD Venomous Creatures TOOB for my collection but this one seems equally good.

It's from the venomous creatures toob

And by its side is a GOLIATH FROG??? I didn't knew figures of this species existed!!! What is the brand and the size?

Bout 4cm from snout to vent!

Many familiar ones for me :-) At right of the Colorata sturgeon there is... an huchen salmon (Hucho hucho)? I only know one decent figure of it, a polyresin Kaiyodo Aquatales very difficult to find and with a quite evident seam in middle of body that made me discard it for my collection. It's your the same or another?
(And Gwangi, the manatee is the CollectA one. I personally prefair the Papo and the latest Schleich one)
Yep but it is 2 pieces to fit in a gacha

Is the manta ray a repaint or an Kaiyodo Aquatales polyresin one? I never found a manta ray figurine with satisfactory paintjob except for the mentioned Aquatales one, that is the one in my wishlist...

The one I have is the colorata deluxe sharks of the world. Isn't repainting smth you're really good at?

The blue whale is the Papo, right? I also want it, despite movable jaw, because it's much bigger than other brands blue whales and bigger than other species whale figurines too, so is what I would need sizewise for a blue whale :-)
Yep! It's from papo. Repainted inspired by @callmejoe3 's thread

Isidro

Thanks for solving my questions! I want that goliath frog now, even if I would had prefair one centimeter less! I checked toy animal wiki and see it's Kaiyodo. Where you goot the Venomous Creatures TOOB dragon?

I checked my wishlist and indeed the manta I want is the very same, Colorata deluxe and not Kaiyodo. Sorry for the confusion! I could repaint easier to obtain mantas, but I'm not good painting diffuse patches over plain surfaces.

I indeed noticed the blue whale is repainted and the result is much better now! I hope to get my hands on the Papo whale some day :)

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 11, 2023, 07:41:34 AMThanks for solving my questions! I want that goliath frog now, even if I would had prefair one centimeter less! I checked toy animal wiki and see it's Kaiyodo. Where you goot the Venomous Creatures TOOB dragon?

I checked my wishlist and indeed the manta I want is the very same, Colorata deluxe and not Kaiyodo. Sorry for the confusion! I could repaint easier to obtain mantas, but I'm not good painting diffuse patches over plain surfaces.

I indeed noticed the blue whale is repainted and the result is much better now! I hope to get my hands on the Papo whale some day :)
The toob I got it at a local store back in 2011. Right now, the brown one is retired but there's the exact same sculpt but black still in production. The whole toob is still in production albiet with lazier repaints.I think the bat ray will fit your scale needs too.it has a finspan of 5.5cm and these rays get up to 6ft wide though many are smaller.

JimoAi

I have made the difficult decision to part with most on my prehistoric collection sans for some late Cretaceous genera due to cutting cost, shelf space and hating how tiring is it to constantly update new figures *cough cough Spinosaurus. These are  ones I'll be retaining but this isn't the end for my prehistoric collection! I'm still adding the Pnso Deinocheirus, CollectA Edmontosaurus, one of collectA's Elasmosaurs and I'll anticipate a large scale Dreadnaughthous (not the gigantic Mattel one), a larger Therizinosaurus (PNSO one is too small for me)and whatever else will be featured on Prehistoric Planet Season 2.

JimoAi

any who, a new update will be out late march/early april

JimoAi

doing another collection culling and this time it would be on many of my Schleich figures. I got sick of the rubbery material that they're using for their sea animals but for whatever reason I'm fine with the orca and great white. The notable ones I intend to sell/put in storage are the Blue shark, tiger and the horrendous hammerhead. I've also culled my modern terrestrial shelf and my main display would be just aquatic and Maastrichtian animals. I'm already looking for replacements for the said 3 and I've found the takara Tomy Scalloped hammerhead to be a decent enough replacement sans the articulation. I'm also considering to sticking to one figure per genus and thus i'ld be removing more figures then

JimoAi

Been awhile since I've last updated

my 1:32 scale prehistoric life

as you can tell, I've culled many of my previous figures and I'll be replacing them in the future

bmathison1972

that is a very lively and thriving coral atoll indeed  8)

JimoAi

updating the thread!

Isidro

What an splendid collection, many tempting figurines!

JimoAi

I've just moved some things around and I'll update the thread later

JimoAi

the figures I display I keep in boxes or sell them off for a loss

JimoAi

JimoAi

updating my collection once again

JimoAi

Doing another clearing of most of my western brand figures due to me focusing on stylized figures recently. Am mainly focusing on the Japanese figures ATM and am recreating a mini bikini bottom with these figures except with realistic sea animals.

JimoAi

Current list of sea animals on my main display

Mammals:
Papo orca
Papo bottlenise dolphin
Papo beluga
CollectA right whale
Schleich walrus

Reptiles:
Papo leatherback turtle
Colorata Green turtle
Colorata saltwater crocodile

birds:
emperor penguin

Fish:
Colorata deluxe Manta ray
Papo spotted eagle ray
Kaiyodo Xingu river ray
Schleich sawfish
Toymany great white (deciding between that and safari's)
Schleich great hammerhead (not really much choices in good hammerhead figures)
Toymany Mako
Kaiyodo blacktip reef
CollectA basking shark
Papo whale shark
Yujin Blue tang
Yujin Longspine pircupinefish
yujin moorish idol
yujin clown trigger
yujin Napoleon wrasse
yujin giant moray
yujin starry flounder
Kaiyodo emperor angelfish
Kaiyodo Clown Anemonefish
Kaiyodo yellow tang
Kaiyodo archerfish
Kaiyodo arowana
Kaiyodo electric eel
Kaiyodo red bellied piranha
Kaiyodo Barracuda
Kaiyodo parrotfish
Colorata oarfish
Colorata striped marlin
Colorata Bluefin tuna
colorata flyingfish
takara tomy blobfish
eikoh seahorse
eikoh Japanese bullhead shark
Aquameridian Giant groupe

invertebrates:
Safari ltd giant squid
Papo giant Pacific octopus
Kaiyodo flapjack octopus
Kaiyodo giant spider crab
Kaiyodo giant isopod
Kaiyodo lobster
qualia Moon jelly
qualia Spotted jelly
qualia sea nettle
qualia flamboyant cuttlefish
qualia Bigfin reef squid
korokoro horseshoe crab
korokoro nautilus
ikimon giant clam

I have several more on my Xmas list, mostly replacements

JimoAi

Just a teaser at my shelves while rearranging. You may spot some new additions too!

bmathison1972

I am curious, what is that gray figure in the lower right of the last figure that looks like it's sitting on a Colorata (?) base?

Gwangi

I like those little chubby guys, what are those?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on December 22, 2023, 03:55:46 PMI like those little chubby guys, what are those?

I think they will be one of his upcoming Blog reviews  ;)