News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Miscellaneous Japanese/Chinese - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, December 26, 2022, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

'bobbing seals' (Puka Puka essentially means bobbing) by a brand called Benelic

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Tarlin Japanese Long-tailed Tits in birdhouses:

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

NSD Bashe

Is that a stargazer?  That's one I haven't been able to find a figure of before...

...In fact I think til now you wouldn't find a single one even if Uranoscope of all the fish in the toy animal wiki.

BlueKrono

Quote from: NSD Bashe on August 20, 2023, 03:58:08 PMIs that a stargazer?  That's one I haven't been able to find a figure of before...

...In fact I think til now you wouldn't find a single one even if Uranoscope of all the fish in the toy animal wiki.

With the other venomous animals I'm inclined to think it's a stonefish. That would be more common anyway.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 20, 2023, 05:29:57 PM
Quote from: NSD Bashe on August 20, 2023, 03:58:08 PMIs that a stargazer?  That's one I haven't been able to find a figure of before...

With the other venomous animals I'm inclined to think it's a stonefish. That would be more common anyway.

I agree; it even states stonefish. Probably Synanceia verrucosa

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 20, 2023, 03:04:30 PMNew marine set from Access Toys:
@NSD Bashe

ok I'll need this

update: bought my set

Hugh improvement over the previous sea animal set with the trumpet fish which I'm surprised is still in production

NSD Bashe

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 20, 2023, 05:49:08 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on August 20, 2023, 05:29:57 PM

I agree; it even states stonefish. Probably Synanceia verrucosa

I was hoping the same thing. But yeah, on the site it says stonefish. So I'll pass even if it looks nice

Saarlooswolfhound

That looks like a great set. I would love the box jellyfish and sea snake.

JimoAi

all figures look good here. The crab does look inspired from the Bandai Dango mushi one however. The stingray is a Red stingray, Sea snake is the Banded sea krait which is better than Kaiyodo's, likewise for the stonefish being better than Colorata's, the blue ring octopus can be any subspecies but the bluelined and I assume the jellyfish is Chironex fleckeri.

the tiger shark does look as good, if not better than Safari's or CollectA's however the small size is off putting and it's perculiar they went with it over the Great white or the Bull, both being more dangerous than the Tiger, but I guess it's because the Tiger appearing in Japanese waters more frequently

bmathison1972

Dangerous Sea Creatures by Yell. They look like they are office décor, designed to hold cables, notes, etc.

NSD Bashe

Sable Antelope

Are the super thoroughbreds based on real Japanese racehorses or are they just generic horses? Can anyone read what it say on the saddle cloths?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sable Antelope on September 03, 2023, 05:04:24 AMAre the super thoroughbreds based on real Japanese racehorses or are they just generic horses? Can anyone read what it say on the saddle cloths?

@Sable Antelope - they appear to be based on actual horses. Using translation software on my phone, they have different names. The first one, for example, translates to Agnes Tachyon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnes_Tachyon)

bmathison1972

A couple 'hymenopteran heads' by a company called Tama-Kyu (never heard of them). From what I can tell, it's just the heads as keychains (?)

bmathison1972

More Hone Hone Zaurus figures by Kabaya:

bmathison1972