Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animal Toy Blog - Halloween Edition

Started by bmathison1972, September 22, 2022, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

hey all
As we get closer to October, we like to highlight scary, creepy, and other similar critters on the Blog, both peppered throughout the month and especially the week of Halloween specifically (Oct 24-31). This is the time to feature wolves, bats, black cats, owls, spiders, snakes, scorpions, and others.

Saarlooswolfhound will be doing a Kaiyodo black wolf

other ideas:
@endogenylove - you had a couple owls reserved last year. Maybe this year!
@sbell - you probably have a piranha or two ;-)
@JimoAi - this would be a great time for your Venomous Creatures TOOB!
@EpicRaptorMan - how about that Schleich bat! :)
...and so many others!

Gwangi

I've got my October reviews picked out already. I don't have them reserved but I don't foresee any issues, although you never know. One of them will be my 100th review and I know that it's something no one else will review, or likely even owns.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on September 22, 2022, 03:30:40 PMI've got my October reviews picked out already. I don't have them reserved but I don't foresee any issues, although you never know. One of them will be my 100th review and I know that it's something no one else will review, or likely even owns.

I don't have mine picked out yet but I have oodles of 'creepy crawlies' to review.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 22, 2022, 03:39:58 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 22, 2022, 03:30:40 PMI've got my October reviews picked out already. I don't have them reserved but I don't foresee any issues, although you never know. One of them will be my 100th review and I know that it's something no one else will review, or likely even owns.

I don't have mine picked out yet but I have oodles of 'creepy crawlies' to review.

I have no doubts about that!

suspsy

I still haven't started my CollectA anglerfish review. Reckon I'll hold off on it till next month then.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 22, 2022, 03:09:19 PMhey all
As we get closer to October, we like to highlight scary, creepy, and other similar critters on the Blog, both peppered throughout the month and especially the week of Halloween specifically (Oct 24-31). This is the time to feature wolves, bats, black cats, owls, spiders, snakes, scorpions, and others.

other ideas:
...and so many others!

I'm sure I can come up with something. But piranha are boring. I'll figure something out (and if I don't, I can always do one after all)!

JimoAi

other ideas:
...and so many others!

I'll take the 31st Oct!

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on September 24, 2022, 04:34:05 PM

other ideas:
...and so many others!

I'll take the 31st Oct!

Done!

bmathison1972

I secured October 30 for Saarlooswolfhound, so Oct 30 and 31 are reserved for 'spooky' reviews :)

Gwangi

Awesome! I was starting to think we might not get many Halloween-themed reviews this month. I've got at least one more. If I'm feeling ambitious I might do another.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on October 12, 2022, 02:58:51 PMAwesome! I was starting to think we might not get many Halloween-themed reviews this month. I've got at least one more. If I'm feeling ambitious I might do another.

I need to do one more (maybe 2?); I was really sick for two weeks recently, so my Blog interest has suffered (it was all I can do to get daily Museum posts up most days, even missed a couple lol). I'll probably do one (both?) of the Safari Ltd. black widows.

bmathison1972

Uggh...this has been a rough month! I hope to have something next week (no preference for what day).