News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What is your favorite type of weasel?

Started by animalelitebeybey, August 04, 2022, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

animalelitebeybey

Hi Everyone,

I am just curious ^-^ There are different types of weasels and they are all so cute. My favorite is the Japanese weasel. I've seen some of them during my trip to Japan. I like ferrets too but they are the most common.

What is your favorite type of weasel?   

Gwangi

I'm fond of the North American fisher, pine marten, mink, and river otter.

Isidro

As the Gwangi's reply implies weasel as equivalent to any kind of mustelid, then my favourite is undoubtely the marbled polecat.

EpicRaptorMan

As in mustelids? Probably some sort of badger. American or European most likely.

Black-footed Ferret is another I'd like to get a figure of.

BlueKrono

If we're talking Mustelidae I'd definitely go with the giant river otter. If we're restricting it to weasels (Mustelinae) I'd probably go with the yellow-bellied weasel.
I like turtles.

EpicRaptorMan

Mustelids as a whole?

I like badgers and black footed ferrets

brettnj

Love all of course but especially the striped skunks in my yard--and the time the mother brought seven kits on to my back porch to eat the cat's food...

Gwangi

Quote from: brettnj on June 22, 2023, 02:27:37 PMLove all of course but especially the striped skunks in my yard--and the time the mother brought seven kits on to my back porch to eat the cat's food...

Skunks are no longer classified as members of the weasel family (Mustelidae). They belong to their own family now (Mephitidae).

brettnj

Quote from: Gwangi on June 22, 2023, 04:16:06 PM
Quote from: brettnj on June 22, 2023, 02:27:37 PMLove all of course but especially the striped skunks in my yard--and the time the mother brought seven kits on to my back porch to eat the cat's food...

Skunks are no longer classified as members of the weasel family (Mustelidae). They belong to their own family now (Mephitidae).

I got a 100 on my taxonomy test in AP Biology in senior year in high school. If you knew the year, that would help explain my falling behind with the changes.

I hear pandas got moved around since then too, huh?

Gwangi

Quote from: brettnj on June 24, 2023, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 22, 2023, 04:16:06 PM

I got a 100 on my taxonomy test in AP Biology in senior year in high school. If you knew the year, that would help explain my falling behind with the changes.

I hear pandas got moved around since then too, huh?

That change was fairly recent I think, I grew up with skunks being in the weasel family too. I don't know anything about the pandas but I think they're still bears at least.  :))

bmathison1972

Pandas have bounced around quite a bit. First they were true bears. Then they were allied with the raccoons. They may have even been in their own family for a while. But now, they are back to being true bears.