News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 12:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Man, f PhotoBucket dude, they single-handedly destroyed so many forms and internet knowledge it's insane. Now I worry which other image hosting sites we'll pull the same stunt.

Which brings me to this question why doesn't this forum have a gallery?

bmathison1972

there is a way to post images directly (assuming that is what you tried but had issues with image sizes). I use the Blog to host my 'Museum' thread pics, but that's only available for people with direct access to the Blog. For all my other images, I use Postimages and LOVE it. If they ever charge, I'd pay, because their service is fast, reliable, and very easy to use.

The guru for this technical stuff is @animaltoyforum so I defer to him for more options.

Cachalot

It seems my images vanished with the forum upgrade.
Thar She Blows!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Cachalot on August 03, 2022, 12:05:00 AMIt seems my images vanished with the forum upgrade.

I am sorry to hear that @Cachalot but happy you are back. some people had that problem, it is probably related to specific hosting sites. Maybe @animaltoyforum can help-he is more knowledgeable than I for the more technical stuff.

NSD Bashe

If they're image attachments simply re-uploading them seems to work at least.

Cachalot

Okay - hosting is not working for me.  I use imgur and the image just does not show.
Thar She Blows!

AnimalToyForum

Yeah, sorry about that, I think attachments were inadvertently lost in the upgrade.

Hosting will work for you, just make sure you use the url of the image file (usually ending in .jpg or something similar). Using a URL web page with the image on it won't work.