News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kinder Joy National Parks Foundation

Started by Gwangi, March 22, 2022, 01:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Normally I'm not into Kinder Joy toys but this series has been pretty cool. This set consists of "new limited edition National Park Foundation eggs that feature 16 new toys of North American animals." Most of the animals are of species that are commonly reproduced; bald eagle, bobcat, alligator, black bear. But I came across a desert box turtle yesterday and there are a few other unique ones; the desert hare, pileated woodpecker, and American red squirrel are a few I'm hoping to come across .

bmathison1972

yeah; these were released last year (I think) in Europe initially.  I have seen them on eBay.

Are they available in the US now?

I have considered getting the squirrel, but wouldn't mind the turtle as well!

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 22, 2022, 01:55:08 PM
yeah; these were released last year (I think) in Europe initially.  I have seen them on eBay.

They're in the U.S. right now, yeah. I'm surprised they were released in Europe at all, being North American animals and tied in with the National Parks Foundation. My daughter likes Kinder Eggs so if I end up with a double of the turtle or squirrel I'll let you know. I think the desert box turtle would be the first for that species, correct? I know toy American red squirrels are rare, K&M made one but that's the only one I'm aware of.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on March 22, 2022, 07:03:05 PM

They're in the U.S. right now, yeah. I'm surprised they were released in Europe at all, being North American animals and tied in with the National Parks Foundation. My daughter likes Kinder Eggs so if I end up with a double of the turtle or squirrel I'll let you know. I think the desert box turtle would be the first for that species, correct? I know toy American red squirrels are rare, K&M made one but that's the only one I'm aware of.

@Gwangi - Kinder is based out of Germany so they were sold there first, but still kinda interesting considering the N.A. theme!

After I wrote that last post, I went on eBay and found a lot of 5 for $10 that included the turtle and squirrel, so I snatched them up. I forget what the other three are but you can have them if you want. I'll email you when they arrive.

stemturtle

Quote from: Gwangi on March 22, 2022, 07:03:05 PM

@Gwangi, you asked if the desert box turtle is a first for that species. Yes, Terrapene ornata luteola is a subspecies of the ornate box turtle. The only figure of T. o. ornata that I know is from My Favorite Animals by Haiby Sakura in Japan.
I ordered a desert box turtle from Mercari. When it arrives, I will post photos of the two subspecies.