News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon/Kitan Club - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 25, 2021, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I've seen juvenile Myxocyprinus in fish shops before, it's always disheartening because they really aren't suited to average home aquaria. Like a lot of commonly sold species, unfortunately. I wrote about them in a magazine article for Tropical Fish Hobbyist a few years ago.

bmathison1972

Ikimon NTC 400 Whale & Dolphins will be released in May 2022.
1. Megaptera novaeangliae
2. Physeter macrocephalus
3. Orcinus orca
4. Tursiops truncatus
5. Cephalorhynchus commersonii
6. Delphinapterus leucas

bmathison1972

Isidro

Nice and original, but the kingfisher is not to scale with the other urban animals in this set of bike parking structures :)

stargatedalek

It looks to scale to me? The two birds on the left seem to be pigeons.

Isidro

That's why I said that. A kingfisher as large as a pigeon and larger than a squirrel?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Isidro on January 30, 2022, 07:19:29 AM
That's why I said that. A kingfisher as large as a pigeon and larger than a squirrel?
Our belted kingfishers are plenty bigger than squirrels, as are our pigeons. Japan has six resident kingfisher species including the absolutely massive crested kingfisher that regularly passes 40cm in length, pretty sure those eat squirrels.

Isidro

Ahhh, thanks, I was just sticking with the little common kingfisher and did not counted in other species.

bmathison1972

Anticipated 'Summer 2022'

Proposed line-up:
Apatosaurus
Archelon
Elasmosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus

FlaffyRaptors

Has Ikimon ever done in-flesh figures of prehistoric creatures? Or have they mainly been focused on extant stuff so far.

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 04, 2022, 01:22:37 AM
Supposedly this is being released this year (I'll believe it when I see it...)

Are any of the terrestrials worth getting (Snub-nose monkey, Tiger, Takin, Père David's deer, Chinese pangolin)? Wanted to know if they're the best representations of their respective species so far.

Ikimon seems to be slowely turning to serious figurines again! They have had years of crappy stuff and recaps.
To beetle or not to beetle.

brettnj

For those who didn't notice, the above flyer even shows the pangolin...
Brett

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Just released by Ikimon, a set of tree frogs; not sure, but this might be a re-release of an older Kitan Club set:

bmathison1972

Science Techni Colour transparent animal acrylic mascots:

bmathison1972

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 05, 2022, 04:48:32 PMJust released by Ikimon, a set of tree frogs; not sure, but this might be a re-release of an older Kitan Club set:

Yes second re-release. The first release had the magnets in sight, the second and this third have the magnets not visible.Great set with all the realistic colour morphs though!
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

I think this is the third set of the Acrylic Mascot figures. If so, I will get them (if they are paper, I will not):

bmathison1972

new from Kitan Club. I guess now that cat's out of the bag...