News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 09, 2021, 08:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Here is tentative list; will add pics as they become available.

By the way, before anyone gets too excited; we still haven't seen all of 2021 figures released yet!

Wildlife:

Okapi

Beaver

African buffalo

Spoonbill

Hummingbird

Stag beetle

African sea eagle

Wolf

Wolf pup

Forest snail

Magpie

Titmouse [looks like the great tit, Parus major - thoughts?]

clouded yellow butterfly

Wild piglet

Sea Life:

shrimp

hermit crab

giant squid

leopard shark

common dolphin

leatherback turtle

Farm Time:

Charolais cow

Charolais calf

Spanish bull

Spanish bull, black-and-white

Lusitano

Tinker mare

Clydesdale

Dinosaurs:

Protoceratops

Mosasaurus

Kronosaurus

Styracosaurus

Dusty Wren

I'm interested in seeing an okapi from Papo. None of the currently available okapi figures strike my fancy, and I think some of Papo's previous ungulates (their kudu and oryx especially) are lovely figures.

bmathison1972

depending on how the species play out, I can see myself getting 11 of these!

Gwangi

Eager to see the leopard shark, assuming it's Triakis semifasciata and not a zebra shark. A lot of potentially exciting figures listed there.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 09, 2021, 10:18:23 PM
Eager to see the leopard shark, assuming it's Triakis semifasciata and not a zebra shark. A lot of potentially exciting figures listed there.

these are likely for me:

Spoonbill [if Eurasian spoonbill]
Hummingbird [species dependent]
Stag beetle
African sea eagle
Forest snail [species dependent]
Magpie
Tit
clouded yellow butterfly
shrimp
hermit crab
Charolais cow

JimoAi

EpicRaptorMan

Depending on size...shrimp, Hummingbird, African Sea Eagle, & Spoonbill.

Maybe Leopard Shark. All in all nothing really is breathtaking for me...I guess I'll buy them.

JimoAi

Please be the leopard shark. Also, didn't Papo retire their leatherback turtle? I have the original still on the ATB review waiting list and a giant squid??? Please Papo don't mess up the marine reptiles this time

Arctinus

That's a nice list for me. I was hoping they'd make other birds, like the tit. Assuming it's either the great or the blue tit.  ;D I like other wild animals (wildlife and sealife) as well, even though I already have some of the species, so will have to wait and see what they'll look like.  :)

Quote from: JimoAi on November 10, 2021, 04:52:06 AM
Please be the leopard shark. Also, didn't Papo retire their leatherback turtle? I have the original still on the ATB review waiting list and a giant squid??? Please Papo don't mess up the marine reptiles this time

Yeah, they retired their leatherback last year, I believe, since I managed to get one of the last ones that were available on eBay before their prices skyrocketed.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on November 10, 2021, 12:39:02 AM
Is this confirmed?

@JimoAi - these are from the German online shop Spielzeug Günstig. They are always the first to have this information, and they are always correct (I think they even have catalogue numbers).

I wouldn't get too excited yet though, it's November 2021 and we still haven't seen all their 2021 releases yet (including three arthropods I am eagerly awaiting). Production delays could derail any of these.

GojiraGuy1954

false alarm lmao

BlueKrono

The two non-dinosaur dinosaurs are a must for me. Probably the snail too. I'm happy with the Safari leopard shark, so this one would have to be very dynamic to interest me.
I like turtles.

GojiraGuy1954

I'd get all of dinos bar Styrac

callmejoe3

Seams pretty interesting so far.

bmathison1972

hey everyone, I have uploaded the sealife and wildlife released so far; will work on dinos and farm life next

bmathison1972

OK, everything should be up except the Kronosaurus and giant squid, which haven't been revealed yet

bmathison1972

These are my tentative planned purchases:

1. spoonbill - appears to be the Eurasian spoonbill, a new species for me
2. hummingbird - will get it if we can reliably assign a species-level ID to it
3. stag beetle - of course, it's an insect (but at this angle the mandibles look off; could just be the angle)
4. African sea eagle
5. snail - thoughts on a species? must be something native to Europe
6. titmouse - looks like the great tit, Parus major. Not sure yet. I have the Furuta version, but I might prefer this one. I'll have to think about it.
7. clouded yellow butterfly
8. magpie - looks like the Eurasian magpie!
9. shrimp - a given that it is an arthropod, but I need to try and figure out a species of possible
10. hermit crab - same, will get it but need to try and figure out a possible species
11. Charolais cow - this is a maybe
12. wolf - only if we are confident it is a red wolf

big maybe:
1. one of the Spanish bulls. Even though I like cattle breeds, I am not a fan of Spanish bulls, mainly because I don't like why they are bred.

Arctinus

Ooh, thanks, @bmathison1972 !

The ones I'll definitely get are:

spoonbill
hummingbird
African sea eagle
magpie
(great?) tit
clouded yellow butterfly
shrimp
hermit crab
leopard shark
common dolphin

The ones I might get are:

beaver (does it seem right to you because it seems a bit off to me, but I'm not sure)
African buffalo (but might consider other brands)
stag beetle (I don't know, I have the Collecta one, so I'll see)
forest snail (I have the Bullyland snail, so I might get this one, since it seems to be the same mould as Papo's previous one, but recoloured)
wild piglet
mosasaurus (but I don't know how accurate it is?)

Others are either reissues, which I already have, or part of farm animals or prehistoric, which I'm not interested in. :)

Also, the tit looks like the great tit to me as well, but I wish it were more bluish. :/

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Dusty Wren

Okay, I don't normally collect birds, but the spoonbill and magpie are so charming that I might have to reconsider that stance.

I'll have to think about the okapi, since it's not grabbing my attention. I do, however, like the look of both the Spanish bulls.

Gwangi

Oh wow, all of the birds look spectacular. I want all of them but the spoonbill will take priority.

I really like that wolf, I didn't think I would care about a wolf toy but that one is quite nice, and I don't have a wolf yet anyway. I might get that one.

The shrimp, hermit crab, and forest snail are all neat, I'll probably get those.

As happy as I am to see a leopard shark it doesn't look significantly different from, or better than, the Safari one that I already have. Probably won't get it but I'll need to see in-hand pictures of it before I make an ultimate decision.

Not interested in any of the farm life, the Mosasaurus is decent but underwhelming, the Protoceratops is abysmal.