News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Miscellaneous Japanese - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, September 29, 2021, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

huh...that portunid crab is a new species :)

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Isidro

It would be interesting to know if the turtles and koi are detachable from the water surface, but it looks like not. The turtles looks like ideal-sized for me for repaint into any interesting species.

bmathison1972

new set by Qualia. I would love that hermit crab if it comes out of the capsule.

@sbell - a good fish for you?

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 02, 2022, 01:05:12 PM
new set by Qualia. I would love that hermit crab if it comes out of the capsule.

@sbell - a good fish for you?

Might be. It looks like a cod of some kind, which is different

Halichoeres

I think it's an Alaskan pollock. That is pretty cool, very important food fish but I don't recall having seen one as a figure.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Gwangi

@Halichoeres, the chin barbel leads me to believe that this is a Pacific cod.

Halichoeres

Oh yes, I think you're right. I was misled by the patterning; I didn't know Pacific cod could have those patterns.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Isidro

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2022, 03:41:42 AM
I think it's an Alaskan pollock. That is pretty cool, very important food fish but I don't recall having seen one as a figure.

There it was a previous one, from Takara Tomy in two paint versions, and precisely that is a figure in my wishslist.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Tarlin 'cats on cords"

Next some swallows by Toys Spirits! I like these. If a realistic species can be determined (assuming they are not stylized barn swallows) I might get at least the bird and its nest!

Isidro

They're barn swallows, and not so stylized.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on May 21, 2022, 06:16:30 AMThey're barn swallows, and not so stylized.

I figured as much; color is a little different than the ones we have here.

I have a nice barn swallow figure, but I am really tempted to replace it with these.

bmathison1972

Gwangi

Just now visiting this thread after a spell, that swallow nest is pretty neat.