News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bandai/Bandai Spirits - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, August 08, 2021, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Initial promo pics for upcoming Bandai sets. No ETA as of yet.

First, Volume 3 of the mantid collection in the Diversity of Life on Earth. No pics yet, but here is the line-up:

1 Hierodula patellifera (adult brown)
2 Hierodula patellifera (adult green)
3 Hierodula patellifera (juvenile brown)
2 Hierodula patellifera (juvenile green)
5 Hymenopus coronatus (white)
6 Hymenopus coronatus (Pink)

I anticipate buying: 1) adult green H. patellifera (new species in toy form), 2) juvenile H. patellifera (brown or green), and MAYBE 3) pink H. coronatus

Next up, some scarab beetles in the 1:1 scale range, meaning they should be smaller (at least a couple of them) than previous DoLoE figures.

Line-up:
1 flying Allomyrina dichotoma
2 walking Alomyrina dichotoma
3 Dynastes hercules (yellow)
4 Dynastes hercules (brown)
5 Prosopocoilus giraffa
6 Prosopocoilus inclinatus

I won't be getting any of these; I am probably done buying large, articulated Japanese insects unless the represent new species, very rarely made species, or are a marked improvement over what I already have. None of these meet that criteria.

bmathison1972

The aforementioned Crabs Vol. 2 is now out:

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

The 2022 Life with Insect figures by Bandai; all are 1:1

@sphyrna18 - check out that Heteropteryx dilatata

bmathison1972

I showed this set earlier, but it just release.

Line up:
1 Goliathus goliathus
2 Dynastes neptunus
3 Dynastes granti (white)
4 Dynastes granti (black)
5 Xylotrupes gideon (reddish brown)
6 Xylotrupes gideon (black)

bmathison1972

sphyrna18

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 16, 2022, 11:58:12 PMThe 2022 Life with Insect figures by Bandai; all are 1:1

@sphyrna18 - check out that Heteropteryx dilatata

Oh - I see it.  Believe me, I see it.  I just hope I can get this one.  I missed out on the Weta, and now I regret it.  I don't know how much the Heteropteryx dilatata is going to cost, but I think it will be worth it.

bmathison1972

NSD Bashe

I bet the axolotl will sell out quick...

BlueKrono

Quote from: NSD Bashe on June 25, 2022, 06:31:43 PMI bet the axolotl will sell out quick...

You are correct. It's already sold out.  :'(
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

Earlypromo pics for an upcoming set in the Diversity of Life on Earth collection, 'Old FIsh'

@sbell

This is the current translation; species-specific names will solidify in time but expect the coelacanth to be the usual West Indian.

1. Scleropages formosus
2. Scleropages formosus
3. Coelacanthiformes
4. Atractosteus spatula
5. Chlamydoselachus

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 06, 2022, 11:07:27 PMEarlypromo pics for an upcoming set in the Diversity of Life on Earth collection, 'Old FIsh'

@sbell

This is the current translation; species-specific names will solidify in time but expect the coelacanth to be the usual West Indian.

1. Scleropages formosus
2. Scleropages formosus
3. Coelacanthiformes
4. Atractosteus spatula
5. Chlamydoselachus

Yeah, I might need a few of those. It would be nice to see a different Scleropages species (maybe S. inscriptus?) and I'm pretty tired of coelacanths and frilled sharks (never thought I'd see that happen!) but I do like to encourage companies that make these kind of fish figures.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 06, 2022, 11:07:27 PMEarlypromo pics for an upcoming set in the Diversity of Life on Earth collection, 'Old FIsh'

@sbell

1. Scleropages formosus
2. Scleropages formosus
3. Coelacanthiformes
4. Atractosteus spatula
5. Chlamydoselachus

Hey @bmathison1972 I forgot to ask, where did you see this set? Didn't come from @brettnj as far as I recall

bmathison1972

@sbell - I got the heads-up from @Beetle guy who is usually on top of these Bandai sets.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 09, 2022, 04:58:02 PM@sbell - I got the heads-up from @Beetle guy who is usually on top of these Bandai sets.
Hopefully we learn more soon

brettnj

bmathison1972

Early promo images for two new sets of geckos and tortoises by Bandai:

tokoo23

Bandai Lifestyle  Aquarium Bath Bomb 

・Bottlenose dolphin
・Emperor Penguin
・Spotted Seal
・Sea Otter
・Polar Bear

bmathison1972