News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Black-and-white hawk eagle

Started by Isidro, June 19, 2021, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isidro

One of my favourite raptors, this little eagle have a striking coat in pure white and black. I've finished it today.

aguila1.jpg
aguila2.jpg
aguila3.jpg
aguila4.jpg

Of course the obligated comparison figure is the best known species of South American eagle: the harpy eagle. From Colorata, Raptors of the World set.
Angry harpy: get out inmediately of my territory or I will kill and eat you!
Hawk eagle: Uh... sorry... Mom?
Surprised harpy: Uhm,... no... I'm not your mom, but you softened my heart with your innocence. It just jappened that a damn boa killed my only chick and I need to care for a young. You will be like my lost son from now. Come to my nest!
aguilaharpia.jpg

Comparison shot with random raptors: Science & Nature wedge-tailed eagle, Colorata bald eagle, Safari LTD California condor.
aguilarapaces.jpg

And all my South American team complete (well not complete, I forgot the blue morpho butterfly). Now my Amazonian family (plus few Andean/Patagonian water birds) grew a lot and it's already difficult to get all in a single shot!
aguilasudamerica.jpg

bmathison1972

Isidro

Thanks my friend, I'm very happy that you comment on one of my models! :)