News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My collection

Started by JimoAi, October 08, 2020, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Happy world Ocean day!  IMG_20210609_004051_50.jpg

Advicot

Amazing array of figures JimoAi!  :D
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Really tempting! :D Many figures I have and many that I wish! I'm wondering in substitute my CollectA sperm whale by this Safari one just because of size.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on June 08, 2021, 06:38:57 PM
Really tempting! :D Many figures I have and many that I wish! I'm wondering in substitute my CollectA sperm whale by this Safari one just because of size.
That's the Papo one

JimoAi

After eons here's my updated shelves
FB_IMG_1631378395062.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378397383.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378400574.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378408891.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378411582.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378414640.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378417513.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378419756.jpg  FB_IMG_1631378422776.jpg

Isidro

Nice and enjoyable! I more or less understand the arrangement of figures but only with a little exceptions:
1 terrestrial extanct animals and non-dinosaur extinct terrestrials
2 herbivorous dinosaurs (both ornithischians and sauropods)
3 theropods
4 marine mammals - BUT the basking shark and flying fish?
5 freshwater (BUT the shark? do you use it as a Ganges shark?)
6 temperate subtidal
7 tropical subtidal (mostyl reef dwellers)
8 pelagic (including couple of marine mammals not in the marine mammal shelf - question of space?) (and the manta ray being pelagic is with reef creatures...)
9 deepwater and marine prehistoric

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on September 19, 2021, 09:40:23 PM
Nice and enjoyable! I more or less understand the arrangement of figures but only with a little exceptions:
1 terrestrial extanct animals and non-dinosaur extinct terrestrials
2 herbivorous dinosaurs (both ornithischians and sauropods)
3 theropods
4 marine mammals - BUT the basking shark and flying fish?
5 freshwater (BUT the shark? do you use it as a Ganges shark?)
6 temperate subtidal
7 tropical subtidal (mostyl reef dwellers)
8 pelagic (including couple of marine mammals not in the marine mammal shelf - question of space?) (and the manta ray being pelagic is with reef creatures...)
9 deepwater and marine prehistoric
Top marine shelf is mostly surface dwellers and the reason the manta ray is there is because it's an oceanic manta ray. The shark is a bull shark

JimoAi

I present you my updated collection. Sorry to the freshwater life in which I used the 📸. Will make it up with a new pic later next week FB_IMG_1642944458789.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944466379.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944476174.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944479672.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944482702.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944485345.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944488178.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944495262.jpg  FB_IMG_1642944498371.jpg

EpicRaptorMan

I like the horseshoe crab, lion fish, and the dumbo octopus

What're the specifics?

JimoAi

Moving forward, I'm clearing off a few figures in my collection that I feel don't fit whether it be Abit too small or accuracy don't meet with expectations. I've alr remove 3 of my rays: the animal kaiser and the toob eagle ray. Scale however has become less of an issue for me

Isidro

Excluse me for the intromision, but what spiny lobster is yours? It's the Kaiyodo, Enoshima aquarium Panulirus japonicus? What is your horseshoe crab? And what's that kind of viperfish-looking fish that is cornered between Archelon, orthocerid and Xiphactinus? Also, what is your Komodo dragon? In your picture it seems not so oversized as most brands so maybe I will choose it for my wishlist... Sorry for so many questions!

By other hand, what are you doing with those rays that you don't want anymore? There are many figures in your collection that I would welcome in mine :P

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 12, 2022, 08:26:17 PM
Excluse me for the intromision, but what spiny lobster is yours? It's the Kaiyodo, Enoshima aquarium Panulirus japonicus? What is your horseshoe crab? And what's that kind of viperfish-looking fish that is cornered between Archelon, orthocerid and Xiphactinus? Also, what is your Komodo dragon? In your picture it seems not so oversized as most brands so maybe I will choose it for my wishlist... Sorry for so many questions!

By other hand, what are you doing with those rays that you don't want anymore? There are many figures in your collection that I would welcome in mine :P
The rays are going into storage. The viperfish thing is a gigantura, you're correct on the lobster the horseshoe crab is from chocoQ. The komodo dragon is from the venomous creatures toob. Mine is the first paint run. The second one is blackish grey with red eyes which I'll talk more abt in my blog review on it

Isidro

Many, many thanks! I was unaware of existence of Gigantura, nice to learn! :) Sadly it looks like it's too big for my tastes with about 6 cm lenght: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4XEAAOSwa-dWh6QJ/s-l400.jpg
I think that I will add the horseshoe crab to my wishlist as I have the nearby rockfish and it looks like adequate in size. I will assume the venomous creatures TOOB is Safari? Then I will add the Komodo dragon too. I don't mind paintjob as I will repaint.

I also see a very small yellow seahorse figurine in one of your shelves. It looks like is not longer than the pectoral fin of the zebra shark nearby, that I own. Do you know the brand? I always wanted a seahorse figurine and this one maybe the only one enough small in the world for fit as a giant seahorse (Hippocampus ingens) for my collection after some repaint.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on February 13, 2022, 08:17:13 AM
Many, many thanks! I was unaware of existence of Gigantura, nice to learn! :) Sadly it looks like it's too big for my tastes with about 6 cm lenght: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4XEAAOSwa-dWh6QJ/s-l400.jpg
I think that I will add the horseshoe crab to my wishlist as I have the nearby rockfish and it looks like adequate in size. I will assume the venomous creatures TOOB is Safari? Then I will add the Komodo dragon too. I don't mind paintjob as I will repaint.

I also see a very small yellow seahorse figurine in one of your shelves. It looks like is not longer than the pectoral fin of the zebra shark nearby, that I own. Do you know the brand? I always wanted a seahorse figurine and this one maybe the only one enough small in the world for fit as a giant seahorse (Hippocampus ingens) for my collection after some repaint.
Yep the toob is safari. Stay tuned for the review!
The seahorse is 3cm from tip of snout to tail

Isidro

Thanks! I tought it was slightly smaller :)
That dragon is in fact nicer than many bigger western brands ones, I love the sculpt of the head!

JimoAi

I'll do an updated collection once all my packages arrive

Ps: I'm now in the sts forum under Koikinguu

JimoAi

Isidro

Thanks a lot for the update! I love your collection :) And I love you :*

It's not dangerous to keep the figures in a rack shelf? Smaller ones can fit into the holes and fall to the next shelf below...
Yeah that cookiecutter is a problem to get it standing right :D
Your terrestrial animal shelf looks like so deserted compared with aquatic life hahaha. What is this white-faced scops owl? I never saw it before and I like how tiny it looks!
And talking about tiny, what about the clownfish in the last shelf? between the monkfish and the sea turtle... looks like enough diminute for fit into my collection!

P. S. why the Patrick's house have a blue... "thing" around it?

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on March 18, 2022, 07:17:15 AM
Thanks a lot for the update! I love your collection :) And I love you :*

It's not dangerous to keep the figures in a rack shelf? Smaller ones can fit into the holes and fall to the next shelf below...
Yeah that cookiecutter is a problem to get it standing right :D
Your terrestrial animal shelf looks like so deserted compared with aquatic life hahaha. What is this white-faced scops owl? I never saw it before and I like how tiny it looks!
And talking about tiny, what about the clownfish in the last shelf? between the monkfish and the sea turtle... looks like enough diminute for fit into my collection!

P. S. why the Patrick's house have a blue... "thing" around it?
http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2020/12/23/ocellaris-clownfish-ania-by-takara-tomy-a-r-t-s/the clownfish is actually an inch long and at the same time good luck finding it. The good luck minis one is a cheaper alternative. Yep that's a whitefaced scops owl by kaiyodo. Small figures do fall from time to time but not much danger as I don't put anything too heavy or too fragile on it.

Regarding Patrick's house, the blue thing is the surrounding sea water. It's a cheap McDonald's toy I've added in as a joke

JimoAi