News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Flightless Birds

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2013, 08:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Varanus

What an active pose!  This is a great figure! :)

Jetoar

Congrats for the review, I like all of this figures, included the base  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

The only really dynamic ostrich figure... no, wait, there's another one, the male ostrich from the same set! ;D Phantastic walk-around as always, Helge! 8)

AnimalToyForum

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 14, 2013, 10:12:18 PM
The only really dynamic ostrich figure... no, wait, there's another one, the male ostrich from the same set! ;D Phantastic walk-around as always, Helge! 8)

Yes is true, is the only dinamic ostrich  ^-^.

Takama

One of the newest additions to the collection is this large Ostrich figure that my owner found in a display case at a Theisens Farm and Home store.

It was one we wanted for a while and there were none on the shelf for purchase. Thankfully one of the Employees opened the display case and allowed him buy it.

This figure is retired but it can still be found online for a decent price as of the time of this writing.

Jetoar

Wow, Cool figure. We can see the evolution of feathers in their figures  ^-^.

brontodocus

Very nice! :) Unbelievable it's already being retired.

brontodocus

Here is a walk-around of the Mojö Fun Natural World Wildlife Emu, Dromaius novaehollandiae (Latham, 1790). Height (excluding the 4 mm thick base) is 88 mm and hip height is 72 mm, respectively, so the scale would be between approx. 1:14 and 1:18. Still a widespread and common species in Australia, it is listed as "Least Concern" by IUCN.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Wonderful figure of this rare bird. I would like to see more Mojö figures in stores like this ^-^.

postsaurischian

This was of course a must-have for me :).
I think it will look great next to CollectA's 2014 Southern Cassowary :D.

OkapiBoy

Beautiful, still waiting for it to be available. It would go nicely with the CollectA cassowary ;)

brontodocus

Thanks, all! :) Indeed, I can't wait to get my hands on that cassowary, too. ^-^

Dragonwolf

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 22, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
This was of course a must-have for me :).
I think it will look great next to CollectA's 2014 Southern Cassowary :D.

I agree. These two are made for each other. Both beautifully sculpted and gaudily painted. Glad to have them.

widukind

brontodocus

postsaurischian

:)  This is my second figure from the Tennoji Zoo set. Another true gem.
        I can hardly imagine that there will ever be a more beautiful Kiwi model.

Apteryx mantelli ~ North Island Brown Kiwi

~ • ~
                                                                                    next to CollectA Kiwi

AnimalToyForum

Wow, very nice. I'm not sure about the lime-green base but the bird itself is extraordinary.