News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Back again

Started by Beetle guy, August 05, 2020, 08:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle guy

Well, quess I am back  ^-^
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 05, 2020, 08:18:48 PM

Good, it's about time!

I should have the Bandai 'Life With Insects' figures sent to me in a couple weeks, once my dealer gets the weta and goliath beetle :)

sirenia

Glad to have you back!

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 05, 2020, 08:58:21 PM

Good, it's about time!

I should have the Bandai 'Life With Insects' figures sent to me in a couple weeks, once my dealer gets the weta and goliath beetle :)

Well, although they are very nice the prices are sky rocketing (the retail price is about 7 Euro) and it is sold for 9 times that price (some). So I will wait awhile till the demand drops. In it's wake all other insect figurines on Yahoo have gone up in price. 

I ordered the larvae of X. dichotumus though, which was not to exspensive ;-)
I am being rather picky these days, while I am shrinking my collection.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 06, 2020, 06:05:40 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 05, 2020, 08:58:21 PM

Good, it's about time!

Well, although they are very nice the prices are sky rocketing (the retail price is about 7 Euro) and it is sold for 9 times that price (some). So I will wait awhile till the demand drops. In it's wake all other insect figurines on Yahoo have gone up in price. 

I ordered the larvae of X. dichotumus though, which wasn;t to exspensive ;-)

My dealer secured them for me before the prices went up. So, the larva is A. dichotomus? Nice!!! I couldn't tell what it is. I know the caterpillar is Papilio xuthus and I assume the cicada is Graptopsaltria nigrofuscata. I am happy for my first A. dichotomus larva!