News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animals of Australia (Science & Nature)

Started by CM, January 13, 2013, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CM

Anyone collect this line?  I bought a few off TGF Toys, fingers crossed that they look as good in person as the official pics.  I was pleased to see many of the different Australian animals that the other big companies don't really seem to make (dingo, echidna, numbat, wombat, devil, wallaby, etc), so I'm hoping to not be disappointed in the final product. :)

dinocat62

I have all of those and they are very well done. You will be pleased.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 13, 2013, 09:06:06 PM
I have all of those and they are very well done. You will be pleased.

Do you have any photos you could share?  :D

brontodocus

I'd like to see photos of the entire set, too! 8)

Unfortunately, I have only very few of them but I can recommend the large Echidna and the Sydney Funnelweb Spider (these are the only Australian animals by them I have). :) I also have two of their New Zealand figures, the Tuatara and the Weta, they are quite good but I was a little disappointed by the Tuatara's paint work and by the Weta's deformed legs.

CM

Interesting, clearly the site I was ordering from did not have the entire set in stock.  Didn't know there was a tuatara, for example.  Too bad to hear about its paint, as it's not really a species I'd hold my breath to see from any of the majors.

brontodocus

Quote from: CM on January 13, 2013, 11:16:38 PM
Interesting, clearly the site I was ordering from did not have the entire set in stock.  Didn't know there was a tuatara, for example.  Too bad to hear about its paint, as it's not really a species I'd hold my breath to see from any of the majors.
Oh, it's still a good figure and worth getting (it's also quite inexpensive, usually). Stemturtle has just posted photos of it here. :)

dinocat62

Here is my collection:

Numbat, Quoll, Leadbeater's Opossum, Brush-tailed Opossum, Bandicoot, Quokka

Sydney Funnel Web, Huntsmen, Giant Weta

Echidna, Platypus, Tasmanian Devil, Rock Wallaby

Wombat and Koala

Dingo

CM

Cool, thanks for the pics.  They look good to me.

brontodocus

Hey, thanks for posting, dinocat62! 8)
Quote from: dinocat62 on January 14, 2013, 04:30:43 AM

Is that the large or the small version of the Echidna? If it's the latter the others would be huge, especially the Rock Wallaby! :o

Jetoar

Wonderful images pof wonderful figures, my favorite is the tasmanian devil  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Here is my collection:

Sydney Funnel Web, Huntsmen, Giant Weta

Leadbeater's Opossum is alive, I like the details of this figure and they are very big  ^-^.

Wombat and Koala

Dingo

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Thanks for sharing, Dinocat62  8) The echidna is great  :))

I also found a post with some pics on 'boundaries of collecting': http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/science-nature.html

postsaurischian

Some really nice figures in this set :)!

It should be mentioned that these are Possums, not Opossums ;). Opossums live in South America.

dinocat62

Oops. Should have caught that. Also the Bandicoot is a Greater Bilby.

Ana

This year this fantastic company will introduce some new species! Bandicoot and kakapo are among them  ;D Can't wait to add them to my collection :) I have so far 11 figures from this brand and I like each of them :)

You can see in their new catalog  8) http://issuu.com/scienceandnature/docs/catalogue_2013_web 

brontodocus

Quote from: Ana on January 15, 2013, 02:13:18 PM
This year this fantastic company will introduce some new species! Bandicoot and kakapo are among them  ;D Can't wait to add them to my collection :) I have so far 11 figures from this brand and I like each of them :)

You can see in their new catalog  8) http://issuu.com/scienceandnature/docs/catalogue_2013_web
Thanks for posting, Ana! :) Aaah, they also make a Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, the one that is often dubbed "Tree Lobster", Dryococelus australis!!! :o 8)

Varanus

Wow this is a cool collection! :o  Where can I get these? ^-^

Jetoar

Nice figures again and amazing gatalogue, I like it, thanks for share  ^-^.

dinocat62