News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Phasing out the reviews and walk-arounds board

Started by AnimalToyForum, May 28, 2020, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

I wonder if the time has finally come for us to bite the bullet and delete the defunct "Reviews and walk-arounds" board and sub-boards?  I could migrate all the remaining posts in those boards into the "General" board, or into a new "Animal toy lines" sub-board (e.g."Archived walk-arounds"), so we don't have to actually lose all of the content.

The Animal Toy Blog is now incredibly well populated so I think it makes sense.

bmathison1972

Adam, for starters, a lot of them individually can probably be deleted outright, especially those that lost images from the Photobucket debacle. I'd clean those up first.
Then others can be moved around, either to existing threads (for example, put a shark walkaround in the Sharks thread under 'Animal Groups') or, as you suggested, an 'Archived Reviews and Walk-arounds' under 'Animal Toy Lines'

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 12:17:53 PMAdam, for starters, a lot of them individually can probably be deleted outright, especially those that lost images from the Photobucket debacle. I'd clean those up first.
Then others can be moved around, either to existing threads (for example, put a shark walkaround in the Sharks thread under 'Animal Groups') or, as you suggested, an 'Archived Reviews and Walk-arounds' under 'Animal Toy Lines'

I agree that's the ideal approach, but it will be a time-consuming and boring task to view and deal with all 933 topics (4,630 posts) one by one. It's something we can do piecemeal. So, how about a compromise, I can move them all now into an archive to tidy up the front page, and then we can gradually work though that archive to rationalise and action specific posts later.

bmathison1972

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 12:36:29 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 12:17:53 PMAdam, for starters, a lot of them individually can probably be deleted outright, especially those that lost images from the Photobucket debacle. I'd clean those up first.

I agree that's the ideal approach, but it will be a time-consuming and boring task to view and deal with all 933 topics (4,630 posts) one by one. It's something we can do piecemeal. So, how about a compromise, I can move them all now into an archive to tidy up the front page, and then we can gradually work though that archive to rationalise and action specific posts later.

OK. I can work on it this weekend! I have a three-day weekend and weather will probably prevent me from doing any of my regular outdoor activities LOL

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 02:33:25 PM
Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 12:36:29 PM

OK. I can work on it this weekend! I have a three-day weekend and weather will probably prevent me from doing any of my regular outdoor activities LOL

OK, great, I'll move them to a sub-board for you to delete/move as you deem appropriate. :)

AnimalToyForum

bmathison1972

@AnimalToyForum - you have lots of Furuta walkarounds; have you thought about migrating them over to ATB, maybe one a week or a couple a month?  ;)  maybe with just a little more minimal text is all that's needed. Then after they are transferred over, they can be removed from the forum!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 04:25:04 PM@AnimalToyForum - you have lots of Furuta walkarounds; have you thought about migrating them over to ATB, maybe one a week or a couple a month?  ;)  maybe with just a little more minimal text is all that's needed. Then after they are transferred over, they can be removed from the forum!

Good idea, I'll do that. :)

sbell

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 05:53:35 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 04:25:04 PM@AnimalToyForum - you have lots of Furuta walkarounds; have you thought about migrating them over to ATB, maybe one a week or a couple a month?  ;)  maybe with just a little more minimal text is all that's needed. Then after they are transferred over, they can be removed from the forum!

That reminds me that I should move the Yujin fish ones... that's a lot of posts.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sbell on January 11, 2024, 06:45:05 PM

That reminds me that I should move the Yujin fish ones... that's a lot of posts.

That would be great.

@Jetoar may have the most walk-arounds of anyone, but hasn't been active on the forum for over two years.

bmathison1972

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 07:37:50 PM

That would be great.

@Jetoar may have the most walk-arounds of anyone, but hasn't been active on the forum for over two years.

All of his have corrupted Photoshop images, so I have been removing them.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 11, 2024, 07:46:45 PM

That would be great.

All of his have corrupted Photoshop images, so I have been removing them.

His website that he links to in his profile is also down. He seems to have left the internet! Hope he is okay.

Ikessauro

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 07:53:19 PMHis website that he links to in his profile is also down. He seems to have left the internet! Hope he is okay.

Doesn't he have a Youtube Channel? If this is his channel, he is posting regularly.
https://www.youtube.com/@jetoarscollectables/videos

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 12, 2024, 10:40:02 PM
Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 11, 2024, 07:53:19 PMHis website that he links to in his profile is also down. He seems to have left the internet! Hope he is okay.

Doesn't he have a Youtube Channel? If this is his channel, he is posting regularly.
https://www.youtube.com/@jetoarscollectables/videos

Oh good :)

sbell

That would be great.

I just realized how many posts that is... between these and the figures I reserved to discuss, it's going to be so much fish...

bmathison1972

If you space them out it won't seem too...fishy!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 13, 2024, 12:47:04 PMIf you space them out it won't seem too...fishy!

I promise nothing...it all depends mostly on how easily I can get the photos back on!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sbell on January 13, 2024, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 13, 2024, 12:47:04 PMIf you space them out it won't seem too...fishy!

I promise nothing...it all depends mostly on how easily I can get the photos back on!

What do you mean?

sbell

Quote from: AnimalToyForum on January 13, 2024, 11:36:12 PM
Quote from: sbell on January 13, 2024, 05:49:33 PM

What do you mean?

It was a matter of if I could get back to the original source, but it turns out I did already!

The first post is done I think, it will speak more to the series, so be a bit longer.

Just wanted to do at least one updated photo for each but otherwise they're mostly copy paste!

Gwangi

A couple questions...

Can we double post overtop of the walk-around? I don't necessarily want to but I do have a couple reviews I want to post in the coming days without any way of knowing if a walk-around will be transferred. Should we bring back reserving dates to post, like we did when the blog was busier?

Are walk-arounds intended to be place holders? Like the brief blurbs that used to be on the Dinosaur Toy Blog? The walk-arounds obviously aren't reviews and are lacking in information, assessments, and opinions about the figures. Again, I don't necessarily have a figure I want to review that has a transferred walk-around but in the event that someone wants to review something for which a walk-around exists...what happens?