Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

A head's up to everyone that Shark Week will be July 11 to July 18 this year.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on June 18, 2023, 01:41:21 PMA head's up to everyone that Shark Week will be July 11 to July 18 this year.

thanks @Gwangi - I'll start a separate thread for it

JimoAi

submitted the Papo Spotted eagle ray review. I hope you'll will like it as much as I like the figure

JimoAi

just saw a collectA tiger shark in hand in a shop and i'ld say it wasnt something I intend to add to my collection so I'ld like to ditch the review. However, I have the Schleich 2016 Tiger shark in storage so I'll do that one instead

also would like to reserve the toy spirits venomous animals? Blue ringed octopus even though I only was able to get the figure loose

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 21, 2023, 06:52:57 AMjust saw a collectA tiger shark in hand in a shop and i'ld say it wasnt something I intend to add to my collection so I'ld like to ditch the review. However, I have the Schleich 2016 Tiger shark in storage so I'll do that one instead

also would like to reserve the toy spirits venomous animals? Blue ringed octopus even though I only was able to get the figure loose

got it...I think

bmathison1972

My next Blog review is ready and I'll probably post it tomorrow, if not then Friday (it's been ready for a few days, but I want to space them out a little).

JimoAi

an update, after the takara Tomy goblin shark review, I'll go back into hiatus until at least August as projects are piling up. Unfortunately, it would be harder for me as I am showing a lack of interests in them anymore but I'll hang in there as I have one more semester after this. Cheers!

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 25, 2023, 03:41:11 PMan update, after the takara Tomy goblin shark review, I'll go back into hiatus until at least August as projects are piling up. Unfortunately, it would be harder for me as I am showing a lack of interests in them anymore but I'll hang in there as I have one more semester after this. Cheers!

@JimoAi - that is understandable! We appreciate your contributions when you have time for them. BTW, your current review will go live tomorrow!

JimoAi

on second thought I would like to do the whole Bandai sharks set since I've gotten the whole set. However, @Alopias superciliosus has interest in doing the viper dogfish already and maybe prioritize them in doing that figure so that leaves with 2 reviewers' opinions or me doing the remaining 3.

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 30, 2023, 09:13:02 AMon second thought I would like to do the whole Bandai sharks set since I've gotten the whole set. However, @Alopias superciliosus has interest in doing the viper dogfish already and maybe prioritize them in doing that figure so that leaves with 2 reviewers' opinions or me doing the remaining 3.

It's OK for someone to do an overview of an entire set and then someone else do a deep dive (so to speak) on a single figure in that set

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 30, 2023, 11:41:07 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on June 30, 2023, 09:13:02 AMon second thought I would like to do the whole Bandai sharks set since I've gotten the whole set. However, @Alopias superciliosus has interest in doing the viper dogfish already and maybe prioritize them in doing that figure so that leaves with 2 reviewers' opinions or me doing the remaining 3.

It's OK for someone to do an overview of an entire set and then someone else do a deep dive (so to speak) on a single figure in that set

fair enough, I'll do the whole set instead of just the great white! thank you!

suspsy

I submitted my latest review last night.  :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on June 30, 2023, 11:21:33 PMI submitted my latest review last night.  :)

I saw it, but it came in too late for me to get ready in time for today. Should have it up tomorrow

Alopias superciliosus

I'm totally fine not doing the viper dogfish separately if it would be redundant; doing all four together makes sense!

@bmathison1972, to fill my Shark Week slot, which of these would the blog be most interested in seeing?
- Larami Greenland Shark
- Takara Tomy Japanese Sawshark
- Ikimon Sicklefin Lemon Shark
- Takara Tomy Cookiecutter Shark
- Discovery Pajama Shark

Gwangi

Quote from: Alopias superciliosus on July 02, 2023, 01:50:49 AM

I'm totally fine not doing the viper dogfish separately if it would be redundant; doing all four together makes sense!

@bmathison1972, to fill my Shark Week slot, which of these would the blog be most interested in seeing?
- Larami Greenland Shark
- Discovery Pajama Shark

I would be thrilled to read reviews for any of them.

bmathison1972

- Larami Greenland Shark
- Discovery Pajama Shark

@Alopias superciliosus - pick one, it's your choice:)

JimoAi

submitted my last review for at least a month for shark week!

Alopias superciliosus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 02, 2023, 03:05:51 AM

- Larami Greenland Shark
- Discovery Pajama Shark

@Alopias superciliosus - pick one, it's your choice:)

Cool, I'll do the Greenland Shark; not an incredibly accurate figure but it's got it's own charm and I'll use any excuse to talk about Greenland Sharks haha  ;)

sbell

Has anyone laid claim to the newest Safari okapi? I saw that there's one for the original but I just got the newer one and would like to write about it.

Maybe for this time next week? We need a shared calendar so we can see what's happening when

bmathison1972

@sbell - no one has reserved it yet. I'll add it to the first post.

Also, there is a calendar here: https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?action=calendar

can you post an event on it? If not, just post in this thread and I usually get it reserved on the calendar in less than one day :)

If a specific day is not reserved, then it is first come, first serve