Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on July 14, 2022, 02:46:21 PMZebra review submitted! Next up: the Safari Ltd. rainbow lorikeet, please!

Suspsy - the rainbow lorikeet is already on the Blog; we transfered over one of brontodocus' walkarounds back in July 2020:
http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2020/07/14/rainbow-lorikeet-wings-of-the-world-by-safari-ltd/

suspsy

Ah, very good. In that case, I'll request the Safari ring-tailed lemur instead.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on July 14, 2022, 04:18:08 PMAh, very good. In that case, I'll request the Safari ring-tailed lemur instead.

I'll note it on the first page

bmathison1972

I am going to claim next Thursday, 7.21 for my next review. There is an insect review I want to get out before Shark Week starts. The figure is still enroute, but I should have it by next Tuesday...

bmathison1972

I am going to review the Safari IC sting ray for my Shark Week contribution!

JimoAi

@bmathison1972
ID can either be the Common stingray(Dasyatis pastinaca) or the Smooth stingray(Bathytoshia brevicaudata). I went with the smooth stingray cuz of the size but the tag refers to the spine of the Common. Either one works in my eye!

I'm doing the Colorata shark box myself with both sharks and rays

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on July 24, 2022, 03:10:41 PM@bmathison1972
ID can either be the Common stingray(Dasyatis pastinaca) or the Smooth stingray(Bathytoshia brevicaudata). I went with the smooth stingray cuz of the size but the tag refers to the spine of the Common. Either one works in my eye!

Thanks! I currently have it as D. pastinaca in my database. Safari marketed it at as Dasyatis at the genus level only. There is a lengthy discussion here:

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t22181-safari-incredible-creatures-stingray-no-100507-from-2020

It has been suggested that if it is indeed in the genus Dasyatis, D. dipterura (syn. D. brevis) might be better!

Gwangi

I have another shark review for this week but will wait until later in the week or for a day when no one else is posting. Do we know how many reviews there will be this week yet? I think there's at least 5-6.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 24, 2022, 03:15:08 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on July 24, 2022, 03:10:41 PM@bmathison1972

Thanks! I currently have it as D. pastinaca in my database. Safari marketed it at as Dasyatis at the genus level only. There is a lengthy discussion here:

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t22181-safari-incredible-creatures-stingray-no-100507-from-2020

It has been suggested that if it is indeed in the genus Dasyatis, D. dipterura (syn. D. brevis) might be better!
I'm leaning towards the shorttail stingray myself cuz of the size and that it doesn't have much difference to the diamond stingray and common stingray

bmathison1972

So far it looks like this:

July 24: @Gwangi
July 25: @sbell
July 26: I will transfer over one of brontodocus' review
July 27: open (I will shoot for this day for my stingray review)
July 28: @sbell (I think, based on edits in draft)
July 29: open
July 30: open
July 31: open

I will probably transfer over another ATF walkaround one of those last days, and I think @JimoAi will be submitting something. Haven't heard yet if @callmejoe3 will.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 24, 2022, 03:46:57 PMSo far it looks like this:

July 24: @Gwangi
July 25: @sbell
July 26: I will transfer over one of brontodocus' review
July 27: open (I will shoot for this day for my stingray review)
July 28: @sbell (I think, based on edits in draft)
July 29: open
July 30: open
July 31: open

I will probably transfer over another ATF walkaround one of those last days, and I think @JimoAi will be submitting something. Haven't heard yet if @callmejoe3 will.

That's my plan, yes!

bmathison1972

I updated the calendar for July 25-28

JimoAi

I'm taking July 30th even tho the review may be submitted earlier

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on July 24, 2022, 04:05:27 PMI'm taking July 30th even tho the review may be submitted earlier

OK I will update the calendar accordingly!

Gwangi

I will take the 31st.

bmathison1972

suspsy

I would like to request a different predatory fish: the new CollectA anglerfish couple, please!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on July 27, 2022, 04:38:21 AMI would like to request a different predatory fish: the new CollectA anglerfish couple, please!

done

sirenia

Would I be able to reserve the new CollectA reptiles and amphibians tube please?

bmathison1972

Quote from: sirenia on July 27, 2022, 07:33:41 PMWould I be able to reserve the new CollectA reptiles and amphibians tube please?

done!