Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ATB Review Schedule

Started by bmathison1972, May 14, 2020, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmejoe3

Okay, so now I have the Schleich Indian elephant review out of the way, I want to reserve the 9th for my review of the Safari Ltd Bowhead whale.

And while I'm on that, here's the next few figures I want to reserve. I haven't addressed this before, but when choosing which whales to review, I follow a system where I try to give every species in my collection a review before I start revisiting any. The only exception I've made was for the MBA gray whale calf, and even then I waited a while. I'm glad to announce that I have reviewed at least one figure from almost every cetacean species in my collection that's hasn't already been reviewed (CollectA Ganges river dolphin, Safari Ltd Vaquita) or reserved (CollectA Blainville's Beaked whale). The only two left are is the Schleich right whale and the Stewart Sales and Services Hector's dolphin, but the right whale  can wait since I've reviewed enough retired Schleich figures right now.  So here's what I want to reserve now.

Chap Mei 'Sting Ray' <- tentative because I want to double-check species identification because it may differ from what's imprinted on the figure.

Monterey Bay Aquarium Thresher Shark

The Stewart and Services Hector's dolphin

The Monterey Bay Aquarium Humpback whale and calf

The Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi Advance Blue Whale

bmathison1972

@callmejoe3 - these are all reserved. With regards to the Chap Mei ray, figures should always be posted as what the company marketed it as (or can be expanded upon if it as marketed as something generic, i.e. 'ray'). Misidentifications can be, and should be, discussed in the text and 'tags' should reflect the correct ID (or both).
But, it is best to post as what the manufacturer marketed it as, as this is what readers will be looking for! :)

Gwangi

Is tomorrow (Tuesday the 8th) spoken for? If not then I'll be posting, if it is then I'll post on Thursday.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on June 07, 2021, 11:30:44 PM
Is tomorrow (Tuesday the 8th) spoken for? If not then I'll be posting, if it is then I'll post on Thursday.

Nope, but Wednesday the 9th is :)

I'll put you down for tomorrow, thanks!

Gwangi

I would like to reserve the Safari nurse shark, please and thanks.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on June 09, 2021, 12:58:14 AM
I would like to reserve the Safari nurse shark, please and thanks.

Done

suspsy

I finally have a toy to request: the CollectA European mouflon, please.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on June 12, 2021, 12:08:12 AM
I finally have a toy to request: the CollectA European mouflon, please.

glad to have you back, Suspsy!

bmathison1972

please note, the Safari Ltd. WS NAW alligator has been reserved.

suspsy

I've submitted my mouflon review.  :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on June 14, 2021, 09:54:44 PM
I've submitted my mouflon review.  :)

It's ready to go for tomorrow, pending another author's review :)

callmejoe3

Okay, I'd like to reserve my review of the Chap Mei 'Sting ray' for the 17th.

After doing some research, I'm quite certain I've found a positive species ID. It turns out that its marketed label is a misnomer as it's based off the spotted ray (Raja montagui). This is actually a species of skate, which is a separate order from stingrays. I'll keep the title of the review ''Sting ray (Chap Mei)'', but will be sure to include this proper species ID in the text and tags.

Here's the link to the World Register of Marine species for those interested. Pretty much matches the figure in every detail.

http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=105887#images

bmathison1972

ok the 17th is formally reserved :)

Sounds good on the ray det!

bmathison1972

My Blog duties might be a bit sloe June 17-21, so please bear with me if Guest Reviews are a little slow during this period :-)

callmejoe3

I would like to reserve the 19th for the SSS Hector's dolphin and the 21st for the MBA thresher shark.

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on June 17, 2021, 12:00:04 PM
I would like to reserve the 19th for the SSS Hector's dolphin and the 21st for the MBA thresher shark.

Done and done

bmathison1972

A guest review came in, I am going to do my best to get it up on the 20th

callmejoe3

Okay, I kinda want to space out some of my reviews before heading to the next cetacean, so I would like to reserve the Incredible Creature's Safari Lightfoot Crab for the 25th

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on June 21, 2021, 02:19:04 PM
Okay, I kinda want to space out some of my reviews before heading to the next cetacean, so I would like to reserve the Incredible Creature's Safari Lightfoot Crab for the 25th

Done. It is good to space out reviews; blog activity has been very high lately and we need to give everyone a chance to get reviews posted.

bmathison1972

my next review came in the mail today so I am planning on posting Saturday, June 26.